What's new

QoS bug ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

miguelos

New Around Here
Hi
I recently acquired AC66U model which seemed broken (resetting, sometimes working sometimes not).. I tried upgrading to official latest asus firmware it acted the same... So as a last try I found Merlin and gave a try, and.. boom it worked... until when I tried enabling QoS.. by doing that router was most of the times reloading, or reverting to default configuration... I tried latest - 380.68_4, then 380.68_2 -- still the same. Then someone from polish forum suggested me old & stable RT-AC66U_380.59_0... and QoS worked on that... after that I managed to upgrade to 380.68_4 and it still works even turning it on / off.
Is it some kind of bug in 68 or something with flash on my router ? (which was my initial thought)

Have you carried out a factory reset at any point after changing firmwares? If not, complete a reset and try again - does the router behave as expected?

Like Jack Yaz suggested you should do a complete reset. Make sure you read the manual for your router reference flashing it. Don't flash from the webgui. I would suggest the following:

1. Reset router by pressing the reset button on the router
  2. Flash new newest 380.68_4 firmware using the ASUS restoration utility
  3. After router reboots, reset router by pressing the reset button
  4. Do not import settings. Manually input your settings.

Did this solve your issue?

Yes I tried factory reset many times as well I flashed almost every firmware using Asus Restoration Tool
Only the latest upgrade (59 -> 68_4) was from GUI
So pure 68_4 flashed using Restoration Tool has/d this issue.

It is very important that you reset the router after flashing new firmware. Maybe you are doing that I'm not sure. Try this one last time. Clear your web browser cache as well.

Reset router
Flash router
Reset router
Setup router

I looked at the asuswrt-merlin change log reference qos changes. I would not be surprised if you found a bug since there has been significant changes to qos code from 380.58 (20-Mar-2016) to 380.68_4 (4-Oct-2017). I would not use the old working 58 build since there has been many security fixes implemented into merlin code. Also the latest 380.68_4 build contains an updated dnsmasq which addresses several exploits.

Good luck. Hope you can figure it out as I have no other advise to offer.

Edit: Looks like there is a bug. Check out this thread.

Last edited: