What's new

QoS not working on latest version 386.3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Along with the @Tech9 theory, I would like to add that this condition could possibly occur in a double NAT situation as well where ISP Router/modem is used as a Router, and asus router is used as a Router.
I've always had double NAT.. and it's always worked fine up to this point.. Could it be the router is going south on me?

Was the issue present in previous Asuswrt-Merlin releases? What about Asuswrt stock firmware?

Was the issue present in previous Asuswrt-Merlin releases? What about Asuswrt stock firmware?
It was fine on previous version.. I guess I can try going back to previous one. If it works fine there, then I guess my particular model doesn't like this version.. I really hope is just a fluke as I don't wanna be on the older version.

It was fine on previous version.. I guess I can try going back to previous one. If it works fine there, then I guess my particular model doesn't like this version.. I really hope is just a fluke as I don't wanna be on the older version.
is your cable going from ISP router connected to the WAN port or a LAN port?

OK.. so I turned off AiProtection and enabled it again... it seems to have fixed QoS..it's working again even with the devices that are not showing up under network map... so weird.

oh yeah... sorry about that.. haha... yes.. lan from ISP and WAN of router..
since that is the case, QoS should be working fine with your double-nat scenario. something probably happen to your AI-Protect. the simple fact that restarting it fixed your QoS means that some how some NVRAM variables must have got unset.

This router Im using is pretty old already, but has served me really good for many years... any idea on how much longer it will be supported?
Im dreading the day I have dish out some cash for a newer model lol

Quick question with regards to the Adaptive QoS... should I use Manual Setting or Automatic?
I've been using Manual setting because I've heard QoS works better if you set 10% less of your actual upload/download speeds to have some buffer.

Does the Automatic option do that?

If you touch AiProtection again your router support ends now. :)

With 2x routers with different subnet and 2x DHCP servers I don't see working LAN-to-LAN scenario.
Lan-to-Lan will work. It actually allows one subnet to see the other without defining any rules to Static-Routers. It is one way you can cascade routers, but not a very popular way. Some routers do not fully support it. ergo no QoS support.

You would have to disable DHCP tho or make them non-overlapping.