What's new

QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth monitor not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Should work. See: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008717
However there have been other non operating issues reported with the QOS Bandwidth Monitor. It is possible the Priority Settings will get fixed whenever Asus fixes it.

However there have been other non operating issues reported with the QOS Bandwidth Monitor.
Are these the kind of issues? For instance when I am downloading on a device (lowest priority) I have to actually throttle the download limit to not saturate my connection. Then, when I run for instance, a speedtest on my highest priority device (My PC) it seems that the device which was doing the downloading is actually faster than the speedtest. If that makes sense.

The device priority feature appears to create rules for Traditional QoS to give that device the assigned priority. There wouldn’t be any practical way for this to work if QoS is disabled. It appears to have zero impact if Adaptive QoS is enabled.

The device priority feature appears to create rules for Traditional QoS to give that device the assigned priority. There wouldn’t be any practical way for this to work if QoS is disabled. It appears to have zero impact if Adaptive QoS is enabled.
Too easy, so for the AC68u, is FlexQoS the new one I should look at? I am on a 100down/20up connection currently.

Too easy, so for the AC68u, is FlexQoS the new one I should look at? I am on a 100down/20up connection currently.
With 100/20, you could run either Traditional QoS, Bandwidth Limiter, or Adaptive QoS. If you go with Adaptive QoS, it has some inherent flaws in the Trend Micro DPI classification that FlexQoS will make better. But if you’re all about device specific priorities, then maybe Traditional or Bandwidth Limiter are better for you (since your speeds don’t require HW acceleration to achieve).

With 100/20, you could run either Traditional QoS, Bandwidth Limiter, or Adaptive QoS. If you go with Adaptive QoS, it has some inherent flaws in the Trend Micro DPI classification that FlexQoS will make better. But if you’re all about device specific priorities, then maybe Traditional or Bandwidth Limiter are better for you (since your speeds don’t require HW acceleration to achieve).
Yeah that makes sense. Is fq_codel still the best queue discipline?
Also for bandwidth limiter can I just have the devices that I want to be specifically limited and the ones that have not been added are fine to use as much or as little bandwidth as needed?

Is fq_codel still the best queue discipline?
For Traditional QoS, fq_codel is king. For Adaptive QoS, it’s less important based on how Adaptive QoS actually work.

I’ve never used Bandwidth Limiter so I cannot give you any feedback, but someone else will surely chime in.

I’ve never used Bandwidth Limiter so I cannot give you any feedback, but someone else will surely chime in.
Yeah does exactly that, rather than setting a download limit on the device, I can set it through the router. So that solves the problem. I'll just leave it as fq_codel. Seems pretty rock solid tbh.

Yeah does exactly that, rather than setting a download limit on the device, I can set it through the router. So that solves the problem. I'll just leave it as fq_codel. Seems pretty rock solid tbh.
For flex qos and fq codel… I have zero clue how to actually make a rule for my ps5 on cod… can someone help :(