What's new

Qualcomm Announces Second Generation Networking Pro Series Platforms For Wi-Fi 6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I suppose upload mu-mimo is quite important if the plan for me is to use my wireless for gaming? Or are there enough improvements to shift when release 1 routers are out? My AC66U is not good enough in my new apartment with the busy network here (Tried both Asus Pcie-68 and DWA-192, both spike ones in a while which makes me think its the router)

Current IPQ 807X chipsets support Uplink MU acccording to QCAs own press release from 2017. As for enabling it and when is up to the manufacturers of the various routers/APs. A few devices with IPQ874 being WiFi certified state its support. I'm not sure its really going to impact your gaming much..... In regards to your ping spikes, could have an upload bandwidth contention issue which a QoS setup may fix, hopefully not some compatibility/hardware issue.

I'd probably still wait a while till routers with more mature chipsets release though or at least the current crop of AX units mature firmware wise before taking a dive unless you want to be effectively a paying beta tester.

Last edited:
How can they certify a standard that isn't even out of draft yet?
Wi-Fi certification is very granular. You need to look at the certificate details to see what it is certified for.
The WFA has not yet released its AX test suite, so nothing can be certified against it.

@avtella I'd be interested to see specifically which products you found are Wi-Fi certified for MU-MIMO uplink.

Wi-Fi certification is very granular. You need to look at the certificate details to see what it is certified for.
The WFA has not yet released its AX test suite, so nothing can be certified against it.

@avtella I'd be interested to see specifically which products you found are Wi-Fi certified for MU-MIMO uplink.

“Up to 4x capacity to maximize network performance*: Utilizing a 12x12 configuration, uplink and downlink MU-MIMO....”
https://www.qualcomm.com/news/relea...nounces-first-end-end-80211ax-wi-fi-portfolio

I was basically just quoting Qualcomm, when speaking about the 8074 supporting UL MU. If that quote is correct, makes sense why the Arista C-250 says it will eventually support UL MU.

——————————————————————————-
In regards to certifications you are probably right, my mistake, it was only UL OFDMA, not Uplink MU in regards to actual WiFi Alliance certificate.

Here’s one that has uplink OFDMA, but no uplink MU. Looks like a QCA IPQ8074 test platform. I believe there was another as well.
http://certifications.prod.wi-fi.org/pdf/certificate/public/download?cid=WFA82934

Last edited:
Qualcomm was, uh, optimistic. Their first chipset version doesn't even properly support UL OFDMA, or at least NETGEAR isn't supporting it in the RAX120.

Given the date of the certification, I'll bet that's the new revision of the 8074.

AX UL MU-MIMO is not supported by anyone. I'm told it won't be until Release 2 of the 802.11ax spec.

Thanks for the clarification.

As for the Netgear yep, the RAX120 only has DL OFDMA.