What's new

Question about 384.14_b3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JasonUK

Occasional Visitor
Hi Guys

I'm totally new here, so forgive my ignorance.

I've setup an RT-AC5300 at my in-laws home and put the Sky hub into Modem-Only mode (well, disabled wifi) and run all wired connections through the Asus router.

It was a used item and was running on firmware 384.13 and so I had the flashing blinker saying Update available but it would not give me an option to update. When i click the 'Update now' it took me to Firmware page and says update available but then no option to directly update it through the WebUI.

I downloaded the 384.14_beta3 and manually uploaded it. It's now showing current FW is 384.14_b3 but I still get the notification of an update being available...

Update Available: 384_14_0

My question is: Is the 384.14_beta3 the latest FW and why am I still seeing the notification that I'm not on the latest FW?

Also, is Asuswrt-Merlin a genuine FW provider or is it a Mod?

I've got a GT-AC5300 and an RT-AC5300 at home, and my RT at home runs SUPER SLOW on the WebUI compared to this Asuswrt one !

Hi Guys

I'm totally new here, so forgive my ignorance.

I've setup an RT-AC5300 at my in-laws home and put the Sky hub into Modem-Only mode (well, disabled wifi) and run all wired connections through the Asus router.

It was a used item and was running on firmware 384.13 and so I had the flashing blinker saying Update available but it would not give me an option to update. When i click the 'Update now' it took me to Firmware page and says update available but then no option to directly update it through the WebUI.

I downloaded the 384.14_beta3 and manually uploaded it. It's now showing current FW is 384.14_b3 but I still get the notification of an update being available...

Update Available: 384_14_0

My question is: Is the 384.14_beta3 the latest FW and why am I still seeing the notification that I'm not on the latest FW?

I've got a GT-AC5300 and an RT-AC5300 at home, and my RT at home runs SUPER SLOW on the WebUI compared to this Asuswrt one !

Have a look at these:

https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...-384-14-and-384-13_2-are-now-available.60585/

Latest release 384.14.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...-384-14-and-384-13_2-are-now-available.60585/

https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/about

Asuswrt is the name of the firmware developed by Asus for use on all their recent routers. It was originally based on Tomato, and got extensively modified by Asus over the years as they added their own features to it.

Asuswrt-Merlin is an alternative, customized version of that firmware. Developed by Eric Sauvageau, its primary goals are to enhance the existing firmware without bringing any radical changes, and to fix some of the known issues and limitations, while maintaining the same level of performance as the original firmware. This means Asuswrt-Merlin retains full support for NAT acceleration (sometimes referred to as "hardware acceleration"), enhanced NTFS performance (through the proprietary drivers used by Asus from either Paragon or Tuxera), and the Asus exclusive features such as AiCloud or the Trend Micro-powered AiProtection. New feature addition is very low on the list of priorities for this project.

Because 384.14 final is newer than 384.14 beta releases (which led to that final release).

Thank you for the replies, I should have checked your website first Merlin but appreciate you taking the time to reply also.
Do I always have to download + manually upload the new FW when I want to update it or does the one-click inside the webUI pull the update from asuswrt-merlin ?

Do I always have to download + manually upload the new FW when I want to update it

Yes. I don't support live updates.