What's new

Question about Aiprotection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pinkfloyd1173

What are the risks of not using this option on my ax88u. I do have AV on my pc's.

Thanks in advance.

It's just another layer of protection. Up to you to decide if you need it or not.

Malicious website blocking is great IMHO because it will also protect all your mobile devices.

Thank you Mr. Merlin for your reply. Will follow what you have adviced.

I switched to Snort IDS/IDS solution from AIProtection about three weeks ago. It does a phenomenal job in blocking malicious sites. It's resource hungry, but the AX88U can easily handle the additional load.

I cant think of any other product that will let you add all your Android TV's to this level of protection either. A big plus.

It's just another layer of protection. Up to you to decide if you need it or not.

Malicious website blocking is great IMHO because it will also protect all your mobile devices.
Won't DNS-filtering with Quad9 or NextDNS achieve the same thing and block malicious sites? I'm trying to figure out if AiProtect offers anything of value. For acerage internet users yes, but for people on this forum including myself, I'm not sure.

Won't DNS-filtering with Quad9 or NextDNS achieve the same thing and block malicious sites? I'm trying to figure out if AiProtect offers anything of value. For acerage internet users yes, but for people on this forum including myself, I'm not sure.
AIProtection's blocking works on an URL level, not just a DNS level. It can also do classification for when you use Parental Control and want to block specific categories.