What's new

Question about ASUS routers.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Make sure you use Adaptive QoS. Traditional QoS disables NAT acceleration, which will limit you to around 400 Mbps on an RT-AC68P, more or less based on the complexity of your rule or any other feature you might have enabled at the firewall level and which requires CPU processing.

Make sure you use Adaptive QoS. Traditional QoS disables NAT acceleration, which will limit you to around 400 Mbps on an RT-AC68P, more or less based on the complexity of your rule or any other feature you might have enabled at the firewall level and which requires CPU processing.

I was using Adaptive QOS Mr.Merlin. I disabled the firewall also when using your FW.

I have now switched to the ASUS FW 378.6975 and it works fine??

4510980327.png
[/URL][/IMG] http://www.speedtest.net/result/4510980327.png

I dont mean to be rude but it has something to do with your FW I think, I mean I am putting the same settings as the ac87r and even with that router and using your fw QOS would act funny???

I am not a big tech guy but for 2 different routers to have the same issue using your fw and then installing stock fw and it starts to work, I mean something is up???

P.S

that speedtest is with QOS enabled.

I was using Adaptive QOS Mr.Merlin. I disabled the firewall also when using your FW.

Don't disable the firewall. The firewall is what generates the classification rules, amongst other things.

Also check the Tools Sysinfo page to ensure you don't have any other enabled feature that disables NAT acceleration.

I dont mean to be rude but it has something to do with your FW I think, I mean I am putting the same settings as the ac87r and even with that router and using your fw QOS would act funny???

54_2 is based on an older Asus firmware version, so there's always the possibility that it was something that was changed by Asus before 6975. Or, you have a feature enabled that impacts the router's performance (such as IPTraffic, which does not exist on the stock firmware).

Thanks for the info merlin, its working good at the moment.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!