What's new

Question about wireless log showing beamforming for device

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

a-seus-am-i

Occasional Visitor
I was looking at the wireless log section and all my connected devices and noticed that none of the device I have show M for MU Beamforming in the flags column. I assumed my iPhone11 Pro would show this? Or am I incorrect in assuming that? What conditions should I expect it to show up? Thanks.

None of my Apple products show the M flag in the wireless log. My Echo devices as well as my FireTvs all show the M flag in the log.

None of my Apple products show the M flag in the wireless log. My Echo devices as well as my FireTvs all show the M flag in the log.

Thanks. I don't have an Echo or FireTV so I can't verify that those work. I guess for whatever reason Apple products don't show this? I'm not familiar enough with how this setting works and when it should show up so if anyone knows, it'd be great to learn more about it out of curiosity.