What's new

Question Does the main PC need antennas?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cryptorp

New Around Here
I recently hooked my grandparent's pc back up after they had it fixed. It is hooked up to the router by an Ethernet cord. This I already knew. But there were also two antennas in the back for the wifi (very loose and broke when I tried to tighten them.). Our WiFi has always had problems. Is this what is causing the issues? Are their antennas causing the interference with the rest of the wifi? Because the internet provider insists there are no issues.

I do not think it could cause issue with other devices, but if wifi was enabled on the computer it could cause issues with that computer. Best to go into the setttings and disable the wifi adapters just to be sure.

Make sure that you don't have wifi-sharing turned on. If you aren't broadcasting, then there should be no interference from the local WiFi card. If you're already hard-wired then I don't see an an issue with Keith's suggestion above to disable the local wifi card to make sure.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!