What's new

Questions Repeatedly Asked? (Comedy Thread)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BreakingDad

Very Senior Member
Here I am, bored a bit at work again.

Thought an amusing thread may be the order the day.

Questions Repeatedly Asked or our beloved forum...

Not aimed at any individual I assure you.

Here's a few to start us off.

• Have I been hacked??
  • What's this on my skynet log?? (See above)
  • Will pi-hole / adguard / diversion block You Tube?
  • Should I wait for a 6E router?
  • Why is my speed so slow?
  • When is X firmware being updated?
  • How can I get open NAT on my games console?

Anyone got anymore?

:)

Enjoy your day.

Since updating to ____firmware my WIFI is messed up. Why?
Since updating to ____firmware my temperatures have increased. Why?

I've Gigabit internet, why does my 8yo laptop only get 56mbps download over wifi?
I've a new router why does nothing connect to WiFi anymore?

I have gigabit internet why is my download speed so slow? All I did since the upgrade was enable Wireguard.

Ahh dang it , I forgot the temperature saga.

"is the small net builder main site still live?"

Last edited:
These are great....Lol ;)

This is a valid question and I'm comparing Asuswrt to Asuswrt-Merlin releases for quite some time and find Asuswrt with more stable Wi-Fi and AiMesh working as described. Nothing is changed, but work on the blind on top of closed source components produces unwanted results. You are going to see this question coming quite often and I know why. Also, search the forum for WPS not working and note the firmware used. Nothing is changed...

Why do you have IPv6 enabled? :)

This was also a valid question when Asus decided to disable CPU Idle in few firmware releases when dealing with an issue. The difference on one specific model router (AC86U) in some cases was between working and non-working router. Many reverted to the previous firmware.

What's the best router for my new home? :)

Maybe this thread should be turned into a Xmass poll!

A lot of people think that forums are only meant for posting, not for reading.
I bet you have literally hundreds of repeat questions.
__

Thanks for the contributions, good fun.

__

Will a bigger antenna increase my range?

Will "wrong firmware" work on "wrong router"?

Will "asus firmware" work on "different router"?

"How do I illegally boost my transmit power"? (To a client that can't transmit back that far ;lol)

While not a joke - the most common thing is Asus users posting everywhere but in the Asus subforms, where they would find focused support from other Asus users...

The other one is that guy that absolutely swears that his router and computers have been hacked over and over again - not making fun of it, as it's kind of sad in some ways - folks with disorders looking for attention.

I'll tell you - it's been a rough couple of years with lockdowns and what not - I've personally gone down a couple of levels of hell with deaths in the family and a serious health scare (it's a mass, could be cancer, looks like cancer, oh, no it isn't but still could be cancer roller coaster thing).

In any case - it's the regulars here that I look forward to interacting with, and for that, I'm thankful for their patience...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!