What's new

Quiet release of EA-AC87?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use RT-AC88U as my main router and EA-AC87 as media bridge.

I recently updated my RT-AC88U to latest Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.2345 but it has brought a new problem with my EA-AC87 using Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.2849 in media bridge mode. Before it did not have any problems and media bridge mode stayed connected and all ports were able to get internet connection. But after i upgraded my RT-AC88U to latest Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.2345, EA-AC87 stays connected in media bridge mode and can be found on network using device discovery software but after around 10-15 mins my connected devices to the ports of EA-AC87 all disconnect and have no internet access. EA-AC87 can still be seen as connected in bridge mode but all the LAN ports seem to have dropped my connection and no internet access until i reboot my EA-AC87 and then it will have internet again for 10-15 mins and then all the LAN ports will drop my internet connection again.

There has not been a firmware update for EA-AC87 for a while but i see this thread there is firmware 2851. Was thinking if anyone can upload this firmware for me to try and see if it will solve my problem as i do not want to revert back to previous firmware for RT-AC88U as it has solved some of my other problems i had previously.

I have the same problem.

router asus rt ac68u - asuswrt-merlin 380.58
asus media bridge ea ac87

Can samebody help?

I use RT-AC88U as my main router and EA-AC87 as media bridge.

I recently updated my RT-AC88U to latest Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.2345 but it has brought a new problem with my EA-AC87 using Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.2849 in media bridge mode. Before it did not have any problems and media bridge mode stayed connected and all ports were able to get internet connection. But after i upgraded my RT-AC88U to latest Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.2345, EA-AC87 stays connected in media bridge mode and can be found on network using device discovery software but after around 10-15 mins my connected devices to the ports of EA-AC87 all disconnect and have no internet access. EA-AC87 can still be seen as connected in bridge mode but all the LAN ports seem to have dropped my connection and no internet access until i reboot my EA-AC87 and then it will have internet again for 10-15 mins and then all the LAN ports will drop my internet connection again.

There has not been a firmware update for EA-AC87 for a while but i see this thread there is firmware 2851. Was thinking if anyone can upload this firmware for me to try and see if it will solve my problem as i do not want to revert back to previous firmware for RT-AC88U as it has solved some of my other problems i had previously.

Does someone stil have the EA-AC87_3.0.0.4.374_2851 firmware? The link placed in this topic earlier is dead and Asus support says the firmware is not available. Would be very nice if someone still has the firmware or a working link and could post it. Thanks in advance!

Have you contacted Asus tech support directly? They may be able to get you firmware...

Or check Softpedia, they mirror various Asus firmwares (including mines).

Thanks for the replies guys. I tried both without luck. Asus support say that the firmware contains too much problems to be released. However I read in some other topics that the firmware actually worked well for people, so I would like to give it a try. Tough luck though.

Thanks for the replies guys. I tried both without luck. Asus support say that the firmware contains too much problems to be released. However I read in some other topics that the firmware actually worked well for people, so I would like to give it a try. Tough luck though.

Such an old firmware contains indeed a number of critical security issues, including one of them that would allow anyone on your LAN to easily gain full root access on your EA-AC87U.

That doesn't sound good. Does that also apply to the current 3.0.0.4.374_2849 firmware?

Based on the date of the latest firmware, it should be fine.

That number is lower than the so-called older build mentionned in this thread however, so I'm confused.

EA-AC87_3.0.0.4.374_2851

Download: Click Here

poor_poor: Do you have the ZIP file of the firmware? The webpage is broken.
On ASUS support page, I can only find the version 3.0.0.4.374_2849.

All help is appreciated.
I'm hoping that version 2851 fixes the 802.11ac Beamforming. Today I need to disable this feature on the router in order to get a stable connection.

Attachments

• IMG_0930.JPG
    IMG_0930.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 897
May I ask one of the owners if the device runs stable and reliable? I have to upgrade my old Netgear Media Bridge with a more powerful one (need one more port and gbit) and therefore am planning to buy this Asus Bridge to connect with 802.11ac now. The firmware link above is dead, so if 2851 is running fine, could someone maybe share it for download? Otherwise I'd install the factory version which I already found. Or should I get a completely different product?

Thank you for your response,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.