What's new

R7000 XWRT-VORTEX Bandwidth Control for Guest Network?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks again for all your help.
I'm just curious as to what would happen with the guest network and the AP. I wonder if I can set the AP to only use the main network br0?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your AP is hooked up to the R7000. This means it'll get its IP address from your LAN (br0) network. Your Guest network (br1) is separate and isolated. If you want to use the AP to provide Guest access, you need to check one of the LAN ports in the VLAN setting. This port will be used for the AP to provide Guest access

So I followed the steps and I used the vortex back to original file and it bricked my router. I can no longer access my 192.168.2.1 it's just a white screen.

you didn't brick it. Tomato and stock FW listen on 192.168.1.1 not 192.168.2.1

what's the IP address of the PC you're using to access the router?

that's the IP of the router. I'm asking the IP of the computer you're trying to reach the router. If it still doesn't work, reset the router at the back by pressing the reset hole until the power LED starts to blink and let go. Then wait at least a minute for the router to come up and restart your computer or its network

How can I find my computers ip? I've tried resetting the router and I just now restarted my computer. How will I know if it's bricked?

How can I find my computers ip? I've tried resetting the router and I just now restarted my computer. How will I know if it's bricked?

you can open a DOS prompt and type ipconfig /all. If the router if handing out IPs, it's not bricked. If not, it's bricked and you'll need to use a cable to unbrick it, which can be a delicate procedure as it requires opening the router, connecting the serial cable, and flashing it with stock firmware through the DOS prompt

It was bricked so I went out and swapped it for another one and now I just put tomato onto it but I'm not getting a connection. I'm using Bell ISP on a DSL modem in bridge mode and using PPPoE. I put in my credentials but still no connection :(

you can open a DOS prompt and type ipconfig /all. If the router if handing out IPs, it's not bricked. If not, it's bricked and you'll need to use a cable to unbrick it, which can be a delicate procedure as it requires opening the router, connecting the serial cable, and flashing it with stock firmware through the DOS prompt

Hi. Sorry to bother again but I finally got Tomato installed and everything setup. I am noticing that some of my devices are receiving low speeds after running speed tests. Also, the signal is much worse than the other firmware. I used to get full bars in my room (only 10 ft away) and now I am getting 1-2 bars.. I followed the shibby video and raised the power to 70.

Hi. Sorry to bother again but I finally got Tomato installed and everything setup. I am noticing that some of my devices are receiving low speeds after running speed tests. Also, the signal is much worse than the other firmware. I used to get full bars in my room (only 10 ft away) and now I am getting 1-2 bars.. I followed the shibby video and raised the power to 70.

These are my WIFI settings that give me good range and signal. Download the pics to see full size

https://owncloud.teambelgium.net/index.php/s/9DD0wvfgqDUXz1u

https://owncloud.teambelgium.net/index.php/s/jFzhd1kOEzqBfPu

Perfect thank you! And I have 'renewing' stuck for my WAN. Any ideas? I'm using PPPoE and I hope I set it up correctly.

no idea, I've never used PPPoE with Tomato. Might be a glitch or not

no idea, I've never used PPPoE with Tomato. Might be a glitch or not

Hello again!
Say I want to switch back to MerlinWRT-Vortex from Tomato 138AIO, how would I go about doing this without bricking another router?
I feel like the tomato interface is for experts haha.

Hello again!
Say I want to switch back to MerlinWRT-Vortex from Tomato 138AIO, how would I go about doing this without bricking another router?
I feel like the tomato interface is for experts haha.

You use the Tomato back to stock firmware for the R7000. Will get you on NG firmware and from there you can flash XWRT

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!