What's new

R7800 poor WAN download/upload rate when a Fast Ethernet client is connected at 100Mbps to a Gigabit built-in switch (Workaround available)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jumbo frames were a thing when gigabit ethernet first came out. CPUs weren't fast enough to handle the packets/sec at gigabit with 1500 byte packets in their TCP/IP stacks and ethernet cards didn't have features like interrupt coalescing to reduce IRQ load. But that was only for a bit. Nobody uses jumbo frames anymore.

I have to announce really good news. After lots of tests and with the help of a lot of people I think the main reason for the issue has been identified.
It's the Flow Control settings of the switch. You can read more in the above thread. Fortunately there is a way (at least in my case but probably working for others too) to workaround the issue.
I've disabled the Flow Control of the PC server Realtek NIC and now all WAN/LAN throughput is at Full Duplex Gigabit speeds.
Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot (335).png
    Screenshot (335).png
    474.9 KB · Views: 111

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!