What's new

R7800 Remote Management Fail

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Giudi001

Occasional Visitor
Dear all,
i'm currently with latest FW:V1.0.2.80.5SF (Voxel) firmware. Kamoj Add-on:5.3b30. I realized that the NightHawk APP always detects my 7800 as disconnected if I try remotely without active wifi. With Wifi of course everything is ok.
Until a few months ago everything worked properly, even outside the house the NightHawk APP made me enter my router correctly.
I haven't made any changes and so far I've tried them all to no avail:
-uninstalled and reinstalled app with iPhone restart
-activated as in old post ready cloud, but, going to the website, r7800 it's device offline.
-try to reboot r7800 without success.
-I have Vodafone fiber connected directly to the r7800, I do not use the Vodafone station.

Other issue is about remote management via web browser, when i open https://myroutername.mynetgear.com:8443 all web browser show this error:
You can't currently visit the xxxx.mynetgear.com because its certificate has been revoked. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page may work later.

do you have any ideas?

Last edited:
Dear all,
i'm currently with latest FW:V1.0.2.80.5SF (Voxel) firmware. Kamoj Add-on:5.3b30. I realized that the NightHawk APP always detects my 7800 as disconnected if I try remotely without active wifi. With Wifi of course everything is ok.
Until a few months ago everything worked properly, even outside the house the NightHawk APP made me enter my router correctly.
I haven't made any changes and so far I've tried them all to no avail:
-uninstalled and reinstalled app with iPhone restart
-activated as in old post ready cloud, but, going to the website, r7800 it's device offline.
-try to reboot r7800 without success.
-I have Vodafone fiber connected directly to the r7800, I do not use the Vodafone station.

Other issue is about remote management via web browser, when i open https://myroutername.mynetgear.com:8443 all web browser show this error:
You can't currently visit the xxxx.mynetgear.com because its certificate has been revoked. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page may work later.

do you have any ideas?
in addition, the ready cloud service also doesn't work.
If I go to the configuration where I have to enter my account, I put the credentials and after 10 seconds I return the same entry page.
User and password are correct, verified via web browser, within but I do not see the router.
This morning by the way, I carried out a complete reset of the r7800, clean Netgear partition, installed original Netgear firmware, subsequently installed last voxel firmware and carried out configuration from scratch, without restoration from bck.

The nighthawk app still doesn't get me to activate remote management, says there's a problem and try again later tried by both iPhone and android.

It's as if my Netgear server-side profile that manages the app and ready cloud service had been "corrupted."

Do you have any ideas?

I asked about password because there are many know problems in Netgear FW if you use "special characters" like "$" and "!" in the password.
So until you get all working only use 0-9 and a-Z characters.

I've never used the Nighthawk app, and never used Ready Cloud.

Did you check the routers "flash info" (memory) for errors while you used the add-on?

I solved the problems of the app and also those of ready cloud, I did again the zeroing procedure described in the FAQ, first via telnet I did:
R7800: Run these commands from a shell/prompt router:
nvram default property
nvram commit
mtd erase netgear property
reboot

I came in and put the original Netgear fw, made the configuration of my network with this fw and activated the app and ready cloud. Next I put your firmware and installed the addon V5 (the one that does not give problems).

However, I saw that in router information, I now have a yellow line in the Flash Usage field 86.7% 111/128 Mb.
Can you tell me why? and possibly it can be cleaned?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!