What's new

R7800 the lan ports are periodically disconnected

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

VasiliyM6

New Around Here
Hi.
I'm using R7800 for more then 3 year. I use Netgear firmware.
But lately the following happens - suddenly the lan port(s) is disconnected for 3-5 seconds and then the connection is restored. At the same time WiFi works normally. I have seen reports of similar problems on the Netgear website. It seems that it is because of the new firmware. I have rolled back to V1.0.2.60. Is this a hardware problem or can it be solved by changing the firmware, e.g. switching to Voxel firmware?

Thank you
Vasiliy

Hi.
But lately the following happens - suddenly the lan port(s) is disconnected for 3-5 seconds and then the connection is restored. At the same time WiFi works normally. I have seen reports of similar problems on the Netgear website. It seems that it is because of the new firmware. I have rolled back to V1.0.2.60. Is this a hardware problem or can it be solved by changing the firmware, e.g. switching to Voxel firmware?

Thank you
Vasiliy
Seems like it is a NG/DNI script like net-lan restart that disconnects the ports for 3 to 5 seconds!

Could very well be a bug introduced by last NG firmware, and it is not present in @Voxel ’s firmware, so you definitely should try, it is easy to do and revert if you don’t like it (I guess you will stay with @Voxel )

Hi.

Thank you
Vasiliy

My R7800 did this from the outset when purchased in 2017 except the LAN ports never came back up until rebooted. The only thing that stopped it was custom firmware - it's never happened since using Voxel and DD-WRT.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!