1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

R7800, Voxel Firmware *.64, 5G and Readycloud Issues

Discussion in 'NETGEAR AC Wireless' started by DevilzSoul, Mar 29, 2019.

1. DevilzSoul

DevilzSoul New Around Here

Router: R7800 AC2600
    Current Version : @Voxel 1.0.2.60SF
    Topology : Comcast --> Netgear CM1000 --> Netgear Nighthawk 4s 7800

So recently I upgraded my router firmware from *.60 (one of the most stable and satisfying upgrades ) to 1.0.02.64.. this gave me 2 problems
    - 5Ghz would disconnect every couple of minutes and when I provide password, it wont accept it. (I know that 5G issue is "supposedly" fixed in latest iteration of Stock FW. But I will wait till this forum has kicked the tires on it..)
    - Ready cloud wont even see my USB drive nor register it.. i will get the register page and if i try to login using mynetgear account.. nothing happened.. I read the Thread (https://www.snbforums.com/threads/c...r-r7800-v-1-0-2-64sf.55198/page-5#post-475716) on *.64 upgrade and its seems that I have to do telnet and "Uninstall cloud" - it seems to work for many of the other people.. so I guess we have a solution for that too.

These 2 issues drove me crazy because I couldn't fix them - so i reverted back to @Voxel 1.0.2.60SF. and that is where I need some help from the forum
    - So my readycloud/readyshare is now registered, I can see my USB drive from Web Interface and app - However, I am getting 2 issues that weren't there before i did the whole upgrade/downgrade thing
    1 - Whenever I try to move some file to USB drive from WebInterface (while on network or some external network) - The uoload stalls at 463 KB and wont go any further - Then I will get message "Failed to Upload FILE_NAME : Connection Problem" . I dont have any problem while downloading a file though
    2- Through the app, if i try to open or share any file, I get the message "unsupported file". I cant even see the upload option on the phone app anymore

This issue wasnt there before i did the upgrade and downgrade of Firmware. I know a bit of networking so I have done packet capture and looked at the logs to see if anything makes sense, but I am failing to figure out how to fix these issues. So far I have done this

- Did packet capture by switching on the settings on routerlogin.com/debug.htm to review whats going - cant seems to figure out whats going on
    - Made sure that I have given read and write access to ALL from ReadyShare pages on routerlogin.net ..
    - Made sure that I have R7800 registered properly

I am at wits ends to figure out why I am not able to upload any files. I am also keen on upgrading it but I am not sure how

Any help in fixing the readyshare upload issue will be greatly appreciated

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    LeKeiser likes this.
  2. coxhaus

coxhaus Part of the Furniture

Did you do a factory reset on the old version after it was loaded?

3. DevilzSoul

I actually didn't... Should I?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  4. DevilzSoul

Bumping the thread to seek help

5. L&LD

L&LD Part of the Furniture

I would say you should. :)

While the M&M Config is not directly applicable to the hardware, in this case, it is still a good overview of what you should do to get your hardware and firmware to a good/known state. From there, true bug squashing can begin. ;)

See the links in my signature below for an overview of how to fully reset your router (use all steps applicable).

6. DevilzSoul

Thanks @L&LD - Its a great weekend to do all kind of resets.. off I go .. will report back with what happen

L&LD likes this.
  7. DevilzSoul

Hello, so wanted to make sure that I provide update.

The readycloud/ready share is working now but I had to factory reset the router and had to do firmware downgrade to V1.0.2.60SF and then upgraded to Stock Firmware V1.0.2.62. That seems to solve the problem. I cant for the life of me figure out why voxel's firmware didnt work and stock worked but as it stands this is the situation.

L&LD likes this.