What's new

r7800 wireless lan speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

petro

New Around Here
hi all,

I'm having trouble with the speed of the connection between my devices and the router(attached image). I'm only getting 300mbps connection. Should I not be getting a lot more on 5ghz AC wifi ? for e.g my desktop is using a intel ac 9260 with updated drivers and I'm only 4 metres away. my phone and laptop also have this problem. What do you think might be the issue?

Many thanks

Attachments

• sc.png
    sc.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 241
Try wired.

Edit: Oh wait, just saw the screenshot, that's another issue. You need to select 80 mhz on the netgear router for your devices to achieve link rates such as 866 mbps or 1.3 gbps etc.
It's a link speed issue.

Last edited:
i've already enabled HT160. Would smart connect affect it ?
Make sure your speeds is set to 1733 mbps in Wireless settings.

Use WPA2 AES
160 mhz is not required to achieve 866 mbps.
9cb746123175428c95c92e82e0c4f79e.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

i've already enabled HT160. Would smart connect affect it ?
Smart connect might be placing your devices to 2.4 Ghz. Try disabling SC and set seperate 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz SSID.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

So smart connect was the issue. It's a little annoying having to have two networks now. thanks guys

So smart connect was the issue. It's a little annoying having to have two networks now. thanks guys

Also do a speed test and let us know the result.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!