What's new

Random crashes ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) & NTP/logging weirdness

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FIRMWARE Version 3.0.0.4.386.41793 released 2021/02/01

Ever since this firmware was released, the XT8 router restarts every 9 hours or so. I have all the crash logs saved for the past month. I've opened tickets with ASUS and all they want to do is RMA my XT8s, I have three of them...

They won't take my log files, their doing nothing to actually investigate the issue and patch their firmware.

It's clear from the thread here that XT8 owners with the noted firmware or later can corroborate this behavior.

Have already factory refreshed and flashed latest firmware and still no go. Have tried to clean configure the router after the reset proceedure and then manually setting all SSIDs, DHCP Reservations, But what a PITA!

Has ANYONE solved this. Can I SSH into the router and get more detailed logs generated?

Argh!
See my answer a few posts up. The random reboot issue is definately solved in later RC versions of the firmware. Atm i use 9.0.0.4.386_40947 on my 3 XT8s, and they work almost flawless. I get full speed (500Mbits), no problems with connectivity and...no reboots.

I havent tried wireless backhaul cause i have gigabit cabling to my satellites, so those issues i cant say anything about.
log.JPG

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!