What's new

Random Lockups RT-AC68U(TM-AC1900)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

teemojesus

New Around Here
Firmware: 378.54_2

Hello everyone, I was hoping someone could help me in trying to see why/how my router is locking up?

Once every few days, it seems like the router locks up and I lose all LAN connectivity. This in turn means that none of my devices (including WIFI) are unable to get out to the internet.

The router is in the garage but I don't see any heat issues in there right now, especially at night when this usually occurs.

It's strange in that I can't ping the lan address of any of the router. It's as if the switchports disable themselves and wifi shuts off.

The system log in the router doesn't seem to be of much help, and everytime I reboot the date of any previous logs before the system starts up again is at December 31.

There is another thread ongoing that is similar. I have experienced the WAN going dead on both my AC68 and AC87 in the 378.53-54 releases...

Thanks, can you link to the thread please? I see one but that guy talks about how the WAN locks up.. For me, the LAN gets locked up.

Thanks, can you link to the thread please? I see one but that guy talks about how the WAN locks up.. For me, the LAN gets locked up.
" This in turn means that none of my devices (including WIFI) are unable to get out to the internet"

That means your WAN is locked up if your deices on the LAN can't connect to the internet. The WAN connects to the internet.

I think I may have explained it wrong.. but what I actually meant by that was I cannot ping my router. I get timeouts.

Same problem on my RT-AC66U and 378.54_2 firmware, I have frequent lan disconnections; I've never noticed this problem before .

I disabled DNS filtering and the router has been okay for the past few days. To anyone else in the future if you don't see me post again, that was probably the culprit.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!