What's new

RAX75 so far so good update input please

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Marinemaster

Regular Contributor
Got the RAX75 from Costco a week ago. Updated to latest firmware from Netgear, so far so good, no issues. Great range btw. What is interesting the power adapter is 19 Volts and 3.16 A. Just sharing my experience. I think the 19 Volts and 3.16 A plays directly into the antenna performance, the range is phenomenal.

Last edited:
So update, it seems that the speed tests on the download are getting slower and slower from 500 Mbps to 400 to 300 to 30’s From a high of 700 download first day is now in the 400 Mbps. It seems the speed deteriorated.
My kid is complaining about lag in gaming while on wifi.
I am not interested in speed really and typically not interested in speed test as long as i have a solid, reliable 50 Mbps up and down I am perfectly happy. I have fiber.
I dont go by speedtest i look more at jitter, delay, latency etc.
So i factory reset and is doing the same thing. I tried 40 and 44 channel on the 5Ghz same thing. I guess i can keep on trying different channels.
My question is after reading reports here and some other forums that the RAX models do have issues, is this what am i experiencing now ?
Any input appreciated.

Last edited:
Need to mention when i am in the router itself meaning wired and i do a speed test it will give around 900 up and 900 down, few minutes later testing again 900 down and 30 up, there is no consistency.

Last edited:
So i updated the latest firmware from Netgear but is the same.
Something noteworthy my son laptop came with Realtek wifi chip. I have suspected that might be an issue. So i ordered an Intel AX200 and replace it. No more drops, packet loss, etc it works great now.

In any case, it's always better to use a wired connection for gaming...
Yes correct, when i bought the house the builder wanted $70 per room to run wires, i said no, is a two story house i tried to run wires but difficult. I managed to get a switch in the attic but it gets very hot or very cold so the switch locks up and needs to be reset. Need an industrial switch but that is in the $$$ so about the same as it would have been to run wires...funny how life works sometimes.

Last edited:
Spending 1, 2 and 5% of a home's total value on wiring it up properly for data is lost on most people. After the fact, they all agree they should have listened. :p

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!