What's new

Re : An Appeal From Tim Higgins

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

None. Just the privacy and security settings. i turned it off and still got the notice, so something else is catching it.
with all off still catching
Are you seeing the ads with SNBForums whitelisted?

I don't know if you have a Google Webmaster Tools account, but if you do, might be worth checking the state of snbforums/smallnetbuilders with their Ad Experience Report:

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ad-experience-unverified?pli=1

The result will determine if Google Chrome's new built-in ad blocker will allow your ads through or not. I suspect your sites should be fine since there's nothing particularly obnoxious, but worth a check.

Chrome reports no blocking for either SNBForums or SmallNetBuilder on desktop or mobile.

Not that I can see. All I do is turn it on and off with the little shield icon in the address/search box. With tracking block disabled, the message goes away.
I can confirm this in Chrome as well.

In Chrome turn off the tracking request feature.
EDIT: Make sure to restart the browser to see the results.

Didn't work. But wow, I deleted almost a gig of googlesmush.
Make sure to turn on tracking requests and make sure to restart the browser.

with the adblocking turned off,
Are you seeing the ads with SNBForums whitelisted?
i have turned off kaspersky privacy settings as well as opera's. Restarted everything. No joy.
The only time i can see the Asus banner ad is if i flush the Opera cache. And then it is only one time. No other ads show up.

is there a way to find out what your script is detecting ?

Is the twitter tracker gone now, along with FB and Google?
Yes they are gone now.
Sorry for the confused about this: Oh. SITE, not said.
Thanks.

Make sure to turn on tracking requests and make sure to restart the browser.
This did not work for more than 5 minutes.

We need some new kind of technology to bring everybody back. I think people are just riding what they have waiting for new. Seems to be a lull time right now.

On firefox here. No firefox ad block addon. Only ab-solution. I get the ad on top on the forums as always (https://vma.tgdaily.com). And still get tim's warning. Would be great if you can iron out specific ads addresses so lonelycoder can update his whitelist. I'll update mine manually. I understand your situation BTW.

No firefox ad block addon. Only ab-solution.
List of servers was provided earlier. Amazon URLs change in UK and Canada. Only way to know for sure is to follow RMerlin's advice earlier in the thread and see what domains your adblocker is detecting, or use browser Developer debug tools to see all the domains your browser is hitting.

I follow logfile for block domains in ab-solution : nothing come up while browsing snb and snb forum. I still get the warning. I give up for now.

Ok I have been testing this for a half hour now and it seems to work.
Are you an AB-Solution user that uses Chrome (not Chromium) as your browser?
Go into settings in Chrome and Advanced then scroll to Content settings.
Open Content settings and scroll to Add Blocking then click it.
Switch the slide to on and the setting should change to Allowed.
Back out of Content settings and clear browser cache including content settings feature and cookies.
Close Chrome.
Re-open Chrome and open some website first.
Then open SNBForums and check for Tim's warning in my case it's gone and seems to stay gone for now.
Hope this works for you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!