What's new

Re : An Appeal From Tim Higgins

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm looking into an ad free subscription/ premium option. But frankly, it takes time and $ to put one in place for what I'm sure will be maybe a few 100 bucks a year return. That ain't gonna keep the lights on.

One thing I would do - put a kibosh on the ad-blocker threads - esp in certain sub-forums, as this is taking air away from site, and that's an easy fix.

folks can always go over to reddit or whatever there... and this is not the first time I've brought this up.

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 4.04.07 PM.png

So if I am on Amazon, have something in my cart, come back here click the link, you get a commission?
Thanks for asking. You need to click on any of the links BEFORE you add items to your cart in order for SNB to get credit for the purchase.

From what I have been able to search up, the flag lasts for 24 hours and is removed as soon as you complete the purchase. So you have to click one of our links each time before you visit Amazon and shop.

I like the affiliate thing though - as commissions can help out.

Wish it would work with regional Amazon sites however :(

Wish it would work with regional Amazon sites however :(
I was wondering about this. So if I click on one of the Amazon adverts it takes me to amazon.com, but Amazon detects that I'm in the UK gives me a link that redirects me to amazon.co.uk. If I now put something in my basket and buy it do you still get a commission?

I am an affiliate for Canada and UK. Amazon updated their program so the link automatically works for associated regions.
I could add more regions, but it requires setting up an account for each area.

I am an affiliate for Canada and UK. Amazon updated their program so the link automatically works for associated regions.
I could add more regions, but it requires setting up an account for each area.

The link points to amazon.com however. Does that mean that after clicking on it, I can switch back to www.amazon.ca, and it will still keep track of the reference?

The link points to amazon.com however. Does that mean that after clicking on it, I can switch back to www.amazon.ca, and it will still keep track of the reference?
It all happens automagically behind the scenes. At least that's what Amazon tells me.

@thiggings
I’m usually browsing these forums via Tapatalk Pro and thus never seeing any ads. I’ll happily subscribe to a monthly 5-10$ directly to your site to avoid ads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@thiggings
I’m usually browsing these forums via Tapatalk Pro and thus never seeing any ads. I’ll happily subscribe to a monthly 5-10$ directly to your site to avoid ads.
I appreciate your thought. Tapatalk has their own app, so is in control of ads served. I already participate in the program. So if you are not seeing ads, they're not being served or somehow being blocked, but not by me.

Last edited:
Thanks for asking. You need to click on any of the links BEFORE you add items to your cart in order for SNB to get credit for the purchase.

From what I have been able to search up, the flag lasts for 24 hours and is removed as soon as you complete the purchase. So you have to click one of our links each time before you visit Amazon and shop.
Is there a way that I can include SNB's affiliate code in links to products on Amazon that I post here in the forums? Can I just add "/ref=assoc_res_sw_logo?tag=snbforums-20" to the end?

Are there any plugins to the forums which would add your affiliate code to all Amazon links posted in these forums? I think that would be reasonable.

Is there a way that I can include SNB's affiliate code in links to products on Amazon that I post here in the forums? Can I just add "/ref=assoc_res_sw_logo?tag=snbforums-20" to the end?
Yep. That should do it. I appreciate the effort.
Are there any plugins to the forums which would add your affiliate code to all Amazon links posted in these forums? I think that would be reasonable.
None that I know of.

Any chance that a donation link could be added? It seems unfair to insist on co-mingling other businesses with the act of donating to this site.

Co-mingling other businesses? It is common practice to use Amazon affiliation for revenue. How is that bad?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!