What's new

REALLY Frustrated with ASUS . XT8 DEAD

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sharkman

New Around Here
I have an AX6600 XT8 router that has a failied node.I have worked with CS but as it was purchased through Amazon they can not help . Amazon will only refund for the set ,this will leave me with no internet in the house as its directly connected to the ONT. All I want is to have my disastrous node repaired . Is this too much to ask ????

Just a pain in the butt that they cant repair one unit .

It is not practical for the OEM to conduct a piecemeal RMA. They will service the entire product... either repair it once they actually determine what is at fault, or they will ship you a complete replacement product. This is common.

In this case, it sounds like ASUS wants you to return a recent purchase to the seller to address the issue. This is also common.

Fortunately, Amazon will typically ship you a replacement product which you can easily install and test before you have to return the defective product (I would return all of it and not mix in any of the new pieces for various reasons).

These things happen and are a part of the overall cost of ownership no matter who the OEM is.

OE

One of the reasons is that these are pre-paired. If they have to replace one, then they need to replace both of them.

How do you know the router failed? I had problems too with my 2nd node (router). XT8.

Try to reset the 2nd node with the button underneath it and reconfigure both routers.

One of the reasons is that these are pre-paired. If they have to replace one, then they need to replace both of them.

This ZEN pre-pairing sort of defeats one of the attributes of AiMesh... not having to replace all nodes when repairing or upgrading (unless you choose to do a forklift upgrade of the entire network).

OE

This ZEN pre-pairing sort of defeats one of the attributes of AiMesh... not having to replace all nodes when repairing or upgrading (unless you choose to do a forklift upgrade of the entire network).
Zen products are more than just AiMesh-enabled routers, they have additionnal features such as pre-pairing and dedicated backhaul channel that regular AiMesh routers lack, and makes them more advanced mesh solutions, with easier setup.

Zen products are more than just AiMesh-enabled routers, they have additionnal features such as pre-pairing and dedicated backhaul channel that regular AiMesh routers lack, and makes them more advanced mesh solutions, with easier setup.

Understood. The verdict may still be out on 'more advanced mesh solutions, with easier setup', but I appreciate their efforts. Thanks for the insights.

I just discovered TP-Link OneMesh... I have not seen that discussed here so maybe it's 'new'. Mesh is trending.

OE

Mesh is trending
Back in the day, everyone was using 2.4 GHz, so full coverage was easy. These past few years people transitioned to 5 GHz, which has shorter range, and increased the need for repeaters. Mesh kits became the next logical step for manufacturers trying to resolve that new reduced coverage problem.