What's new

Reboot hanging

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ludespeedny

Regular Contributor
I currently am on build 380.69. I have been noticing for a while whenever I reboot my router is never fully comes up and have to power it off fully and then back on to get it to boot. Any ideas or suggestions?

...I have been noticing for a while whenever I reboot my router is never fully comes up and have to power it off fully and then back on to get it to boot.
Which router model? Without this information it's impossible to give you feedback... :rolleyes:

No idea but do you have anything plugged into one of the USB slots and, if so, if it’s removed will it fully reboot?

I’ve the same issue with an ntfs formated drive attached to my RT-AC1900p on 380.69 (RT-AC68U): after a reboot (from webui it’s fine though), 2 out of 3 times (in fact it’s totally random) Samba won't kick in even if usb is seen as properly mounted.

Don't know what’s causing this, but I've figured it'd be easier to just add a script and forget about it. I'm a total noob at Linux commands and scripting, so thanks to all the contributors here, I’ve gathered the needed info and made myself a simple yet working fix:

In services-start :

#!/bin/sh

Sleep 15

service restart_nasapps

(a sleep 10 and less wouldn't cure it)

-A spécial merci to rmerlin for your dedication to this project et au support que t’offres même aux plus simplets d’entre nous : faut l’dire, Asus sucerait plus sans toi dans l’décor..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!