What's new

Receive email or RSS on new Merlin stable release?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DiliMe

Regular Contributor
Hi,
I find that in the last years I login on my Asus web interface less and less often, maybe twice per year.
In the same time I would like if possible to be notified via email or RSS about new stable releases of Merlin firmware and install them as soon as I hear about them.
Do you know of any such channel?

Thank you!

I believe Sourceforce has RSS feeds.

I added the firmware update notification to my WAN IP Email script wicens

Just need to setup Email credentials and enable for Firmware updates.

Currently untested, relies on built in update-notification script but in theory it should work.

I added the firmware update notification to my WAN IP Email script wicens

Just need to setup Email credentials and enable for Firmware updates.

Currently untested, relies on built in update-notification script but in theory it should work.
Interesting

I had the chance to test this last night as Im still on 386.3_0... appears to be working as expected if anyone wants Email notification for firmware updates...

My understanding is RMerlin has it set to check every 48hrs

Code:
Dec 17 03:57:20 watchdog: New firmware version 386.3_2 is available.
Dec 17 03:57:20 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/update-notification
Dec 17 03:57:20 [2022]update-notification: Started wicens with pid 2023
Dec 17 03:57:21 wicens[2023]: fwupdate : Started by update-notification trigger, sending firmware update notification
Dec 17 03:57:23 wicens[2023]: fwupdate : Finished sending Firmware update notification Email
I need to correct the formatting of the logging of the script call... minor issue but triggers my OCD :oops:

I follow @RMerlinDev on Twitter with push-notifications on new posts.