What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AC86U upgrade to 384.4.2 from 384.4, no client listed in the network map and client status. the client count is 0.

Clients too long text, on the right "WLAN" it is cut off:
upload_2018-3-25_15-15-4.png

Would be better to use "LAN" instead of "Kabelverbindungen" as well known translation for english "wired/wireless" in german "LAN/WLAN".

Updated to 384.4_2 on AC87U - needed a second reboot to be able to connect to the UI over the AP, could connect directly over the WiFi. Not sure why but always seem to need to power cycle my TP-Link powerlines after the updates.
Same here, reboot twice just to be connect the UI, and can't access router.asus.com:8443

wow this update screwed my RT-AC86U which is brand new and was factory reset etc last week when installing merlin firmware.

I did update as usual with nothing being different this time than any other time.

Firs update appeared to have worked, was showing 384.4_2 in web-gui but...

1) DDNS was not showing as connected.

2) Router was showing external IP and showing connected but could not access internet (resolving host...)

3) kept getting loads of 'Mar 25 10:38:19 ntp: start NTP update', so time was wrong and could not update.

4) Tried reverting back to previous version 384.4 and it failed 3 times, then seemed to have worked.

5) Once i did revert back to previous firmware DDNS still not connecting and still no internet access even though router web-gui showing external ip and showing connected.

6) Tried restoring backup of jffs and settings.cfg and still same problem

7) Sometimes i could access the web-gui and othertimes it would not connect to the web-gui

Only thing i could now do was a full factory reset to solve the issue (initialize...) in my case then choose manual setup and reload settings file.

Everything was working flawlessly until i updated to 384.4_2. Not got a clue what had happened as all first appeared to be ok for a few seconds. Never had an update cause me an issue before.

Now back on 384.4.

omg what an unexpected day with spending last 4/5 hours or so having to redo router from scratch again. Got 384.4_2 working now but worst update i have ever had to experience, never had an update go wrong, even do it over wifi. What ever it was it has taken up most of my day re configuring from scratch. glad to be back to normal though touch wood :eek:

Sorry if this is definitively answered elsewhere, but is there any way to either transform a configuration backup from 380.xx to restore to 384.xx after a factory reset? Alternatively, is there a way to do a configuration backup that I can actually read, vs the dump that I get now, or is there a tool I can use to read the cfg I've saved from my 380.xx version? This is an AC-68P, currently on 380.69_2. Thanks, and for all the work the devs put into this firmware, which is great.

Sorry if this is definitively answered elsewhere, but is there any way to either transform a configuration backup from 380.xx to restore to 384.xx after a factory reset? Alternatively, is there a way to do a configuration backup that I can actually read, vs the dump that I get now, or is there a tool I can use to read the cfg I've saved from my 380.xx version? This is an AC-68P, currently on 380.69_2. Thanks, and for all the work the devs put into this firmware, which is great.

Kind of looking for the same thing *shameless bump*. I have a lot of configuration in the 380.69_2 code release on 2 routers so redoing everything from scratch I know I'd miss something lol. Hopefully there's a way to upgrade and still get a similar existing config transitioned to the 384.xx fw

I was trying to use IFTTT integration but it keeps giving me the error "
You must connect to your ASUS router directly and make sure that your router's firmware is updated to the latest version. Please try the activation code below to manually link your router and IFTTT." Anything in particular I need to do?

Kind of looking for the same thing *shameless bump*. I have a lot of configuration in the 380.69_2 code release on 2 routers so redoing everything from scratch I know I'd miss something lol. Hopefully there's a way to upgrade and still get a similar existing config transitioned to the 384.xx fw
Seriously ? You haven't bothered to read Merlins post at the top of the forum ?
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-custom-firmware-for-asus-routers.7846/
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/user-nvram-save-restore-utility-r26-2.19521/
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

Partly answering my own question here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/read-config-file.29231/

However, if there's any way to convert to a safe version for restoring on a fresh installation of 384.xx, I'd love to know.

Sorry, when I first got prompted to upgrade, all I read was that I couldn't transfer settings, but I'll read up on these threads to see whether I can make it work. Thanks

Upgraded my AC86U from 384.4 to 384.4_1 (will install _2 later today).

When remotely logging into the router I have no internet connectivity via IPSec VPN, but it does work via OpenVPN.

Also upgraded a family member’s AC68U from 384.4 to 384.4_2 (via 384.4_1) without issues.

I don't think Asus's IPSEC implementation redirects Internet traffic, it's only configured for remote LAN access.

my only complaint is, i have to reset traffic stats since my USB old file can't load. I'm doing this after every update.

Check the filename, maybe for some reason your MAC address is no longer the same, meaning the filename has also changed.

Everything was working flawlessly until i updated to 384.4_2. Not got a clue what had happened as all first appeared to be ok for a few seconds. Never had an update cause me an issue before.

The only code changes were in the web server code, so it's very unlikely to be responsible for any of the issues you mention.

I can confirm that going back to 384.4 fixed the dual wan issue.

Likewise. Zero code change to the networking code. Your issue was most likely resolved by the reboot you did with the downgrade than by the downgrade itself.

The only code changes were in the web server code, so it's very unlikely to be responsible for any of the issues you mention.

Not got a clue to be honest Merlin but a full factory reset and manual reconfigure which i always do anyway and all is ok now, it was the first update to ever go wrong and i've done many updates in the past so guess it was my turn this time around haha :rolleyes:

When experiencing odd behaviour following a firmware upgrade, I recommend giving it a few minutes, then just doing a reboot. Sometimes, it's just a timing issue, especially when involving ISPs.

.4_2 installed.

my only complaint is, i have to reset traffic stats since my USB old file can't load. I'm doing this after every update.

Mar 21 15:01:42 cstats[300]: Problem loading /mnt/Asus/Traffic Stat/tomato_cstats_88d7f666ce60.gz. Still trying...
Mar 21 15:01:44 rstats[299]: Problem loading /mnt/Asus/Traffic Stat/tomato_rstats_88d7f666ce60.gz. Still trying...
Mar 21 15:05:58 cstats[300]: Problem loading /mnt/Asus/Traffic Stat/tomato_cstats_88d7f666ce60.gz. Still trying...
Mar 21 15:06:00 rstats[299]: Problem loading /mnt/Asus/Traffic Stat/tomato_rstats_88d7f666ce60.gz. Still trying...
Mar 21 15:08:57 sd-idle-2.6[457]: spinning down /dev/sdb
Mar 21 15:14:31 cstats[300]: Problem loading /mnt/Asus/Traffic Stat/tomato_cstats_88d7f666ce60.gz. Still trying...

Mar 25 01:17:59 rstats[304]: Problem loading /mnt/Asus/Traffic Stats/tomato_rstats_88d7f666ce60.gz. Still trying...
That happened to me a couple of years back. The file was corrupted and I had to reset the data file. That solved the issue but wiped all of the saved data. I also changed the USB thumb drive and its been fine ever since.

Hopefully, you don't have to use the same corrective action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!