What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If doing a reset/initialize to the router configuration, I used to know where the certificates for https were and would manually put them back, using scp. Now that I have Lets Encrypt certificate being magically generated by Asus, I am not sure where the certs are located?

Do I just let them be magically generated again? What about my OpenVPN server certs?
I think both of these are in the jffs directory.

Just upgraded from beta3 to 384.4 on my RT-AC5300
I had to flash it 3x (3rd time without the USB drive in it) it wouldn’t update otherwise and just kept rebooting into beta3.

Not sure why this is now the case with the 384 branch, this was never the case before.

I assume, I would copy over from my backup the /jffs/ssl/* before I turn on DDNS and Lets Encrypt then.

Same with /jffs/openvpn/*
Copy first, so it is already in place before I turn it on?

I just wasn't sure if there might be files located in other locations now.

I assume, I would copy over from my backup the /jffs/ssl/* before I turn on DDNS and Lets Encrypt then.

Yes makes things seamless.

Just upgraded from beta3 to 384.4 on my RT-AC5300
I had to flash it 3x (3rd time without the USB drive in it) it wouldn’t update otherwise and just kept rebooting into beta3.

Not sure why this is now the case with the 384 branch, this was never the case before.
It is a good practice to unmout your drives before flashing. This is not new advice it has been around for a long time. This is my practice personally.

Just upgraded and all seems good but ran a port scan on ShieldsUP to be told I now have PORT 135 / epmap DCE Endpoint resolution showing as Blue.
Prior to that all ports were in Stealth mode.

Been looking at what changed but cant seen to see what that is.
Any one know what I should be looking at?

384.4 running great on router and media bridge. Thank you @RMerlin.

I just flashed 384.4 on a ac68u. Upgrade was successful as per the message in the browser but upon reboot the router is stuck in rescue mode ( slow blinking power led )

I can access the cfe page on 192.168.1.1 and tried uploading the asus official firmware and 384.4beta3 trx files but both failed.
I tried to TFTP both files in binary mode multiple times ( 1 attempt per reboot ) and transfer was successful ( lan port 1 blinked fast during transfer as well ) but after waiting for 5+ minutes and rebooting manually the router is still stuck in rescue mode.
I tried the asus restore utility and it is able to connect to the router and upload the f/w 100% but then it says failed to recover system.

I am using static ip of 192.168.1.10 ( able to ping router at 192.168.1.1 )

Tried to reset the router multiple times by holding the reset button and powering it up.

Please help

TIA

Is unmounting before upgrading sufficient, or does it also need to be absent on first boot? Unmounting via the FW before ugrading is doable, but physical removal for 2 boots is a pain.

@RMerlin
Thank you for the new 384.4 fw!

Is there any chance to have TX Power level increase, or overclock function like in HGG?

How I know these data stored in nvram and CFE's nvram too and if they don't match the router writes back from CFE to nvram. But modifying cfe is too dangerous and too difficult to test (e.g no way back, if you set too high MHz).

@RMerlin
Thank you for the new 384.4 fw!

Is there any chance to have TX Power level increase, or overclock function like in HGG?

How I know these data stored in nvram and CFE's nvram too and if they don't match the router writes back from CFE to nvram. But modifying cfe is too dangerous and too difficult to test (e.g no way back, if you set too high MHz).
Probably not because this is against the FCC regulations IIRC.

Updated to 384.4 from 384.3 and my wifi 5ghz don't work.

I try many reboot, but my computer and iPhone only connect to 2.4ghz.

So i go try it. if i dont back here was some problem there ))) RT-AC87U in media bridge .. saddly becouse i can not connect here to lan ..:( soo not many features i can use in mediabridge mode... i buy that asus like new when was relased in eu ..so long time running

Updated to 384.4 from 384.3 and my wifi 5ghz don't work.

I try many reboot, but my computer and iPhone only connect to 2.4ghz.
Try to delete the connection from iPhone and your computer ang then conect again.

/rom/etc/ssl/certs has a letsencrypt.pem

There is also now a /jffs/.le folder with some goodies in it.

Could be corrupted files, that would also prevent the scanning from completing. Try isolating which specific file or folder is causing it to crash.
Every mpg file was being rescanned over and over again. I removed the mpg files and all other files seem to be indexed now. However, the Media Server Status is showing Scanning.. permanently. I cannot compare with the minidlna status page (192.168.1.1:8200) because that does not work:

[1970/01/01 13:59:02] upnphttp.c:1144: warn: / not found, responding ERROR 404

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!