What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just upgraded to 384.4_2 and it's been working very smoothly.
Thank you Eric.

@TRS_80
Try setting a channel between 36-48 on 5Ghz band.
Worked for me on my 87u when I had weird drops on it.
Read somewhere about it back then but can't find it now

@TRS_80
Try setting a channel between 36-48 on 5Ghz band.
Worked for me on my 87u when I had weird drops on it.
Read somewhere about it back then but can't find it now

Hi! I'll give that a try, but I think I figured it out. First I came across this thread, post #15.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-rt-ac87u-5ghz-connection-issues.32922/

I've always had my previous routers next to my TV / speakers / sub woofer ( all wired connections) with no problems. I moved it to the other side of the room and this so far has stopped the drop outs. Gonna monitor for the next few days.

As for the site survey not populating when 5ghz radio is on. I think I was correct about no 5ghz networks to search for, so it just keeps going. I got my N66U outta the drawer and powered up. Refreshed site survey on the 87U and BOOM! Worked like a charm. Powered down the N66U, refresh site survey on the 87U and it keeps searching again. So maybe there is a glitch if it can't find any 5ghz networks. Gonna test more tonight.

Anyways I'm happy for now! Got my little shot of adrenaline that comes with solving tech problems :D

Last edited:
Hi, I'm upgrading from a 380 release. What is the best way to gather my settings to reenter them in the new firmware version after the upgrade/reset to factory settings?

The .CFG from my backup is a binary.

Thank you.

Hi, I'm upgrading from a 380 release. What is the best way to gather my settings to reenter them in the new firmware version after the upgrade/reset to factory settings?

The .CFG from my backup is a binary.

Thank you.
Screenshots is good (windows key+prtscn key if you have windows 10 ;)) every page. DONT restore from any 380 backups

argh! what a pain in the butt. Thanks for your help.
Or you risk it to do a dirty update without rest: in my case it worked very well with my two AC87Us (see footer)... :rolleyes:

Is anyone else having problems with Native IPv6 and google pixel 2? As soon as I enable IPv6 on the router, my pixel 2 just keeps dropping wifi.
384.4_2 RT-AC68U. Latest firmware on the phone. Resetting to "factory" doesn't solve this problem.

I upgraded to 384.4_2 0n my 68U and cannot get FA working by disabling STP. I only get CTF. My other settings are all the same as when I was on 380.70 and I had full level 2 acceleration. What am I missing? This and entering DHCP reservations are the only negatives to NG.

I've tried a few 384 branch firmware versions on my old 68U and none of them could enable both FA+CTF. As soon as I flashed a 380 branch firmware FA was available. As the 384 branch enabled AiMesh it is my guess that perhaps there was some sort of issue with FA and AiMesh but again, just a wild guess.

I upgraded to 384.4_2 0n my 68U and cannot get FA working by disabling STP. I only get CTF. My other settings are all the same as when I was on 380.70 and I had full level 2 acceleration. What am I missing? This and entering DHCP reservations are the only negatives to NG.
If you have 68U, ASUS disabled FA sometime I don't remember, however, with GPL 20648 updating the bootloader(CFE) to 1.0.2.9 FA was once again enabled. Provided you don't have conflicting features enabled with FA, you'll be able to use FA with firmware 20648 or Merlin's 384.5 Beta2.

If you have 68U, ASUS disabled FA sometime I don't remember, however, with GPL 20648 updating the bootloader(CFE) to 1.0.2.9 FA was once again enabled. Provided you don't have conflicting features enabled with FA, you'll be able to use FA with firmware 20648 or Merlin's 384.5 Beta2.

I believe FA support will depend on the hardware revision as well, as I don't think the original RT-AC68U supported it.

FA support is a bit of a mystery at this time, with initial enabling/disabling based on a check that's closed source.

@RMerlin,

I do not know why this happened, but if I use FTP (about 7800 files upload) it is fast but after a few seconds it is very slow. The QOS option is disabled and I am connected wired. Do you have an idea?
I already have restarted the RT-AC86U.

@RMerlin,

I do not know why this happened, but if I use FTP (about 7800 files upload) it is fast but after a few seconds it is very slow. The QOS option is disabled and I am connected wired. Do you have an idea?

No idea. My only guess would be the router not having enough free RAM to handle buffering. These devices were never intended to be used as file servers.

No idea. My only guess would be the router not having enough free RAM to handle buffering. These devices were never intended to be used as file servers.

I should have mentioned that better ;-) it's about FTP to a externally server.

I should have mentioned that better ;-) it's about FTP to a externally server.

Does it only happen when FTPing to that server? If so, they might have some throttling in place perhaps.

If QoS is disabled on your end, then I can't see anything from your router that could affect throughput.

@RMerlin,

What are the "fast" (initial) and "slow" speeds? Are you strictly going on number of files transferred in a given time or taking relative size of each into account?

Does it only happen when FTPing to that server? If so, they might have some throttling in place perhaps.

If QoS is disabled on your end, then I can't see anything from your router that could affect throughput.

It is indeed to different FTP servers in different networks. It looks suspiciously like QOS but it is turned off.

@visortgw,

The first uploads go with 210.79 Kbytes per second, then it is 19.21 Kbytes (sometimes 5 Kbytes) per second.

FTP Files remove is also slow.

I test it with one 1GB file, then the speed is 7.3 MiB/s. (not slower, everytime 7.3 MiB/s)

Last edited:
I have an issue today.........(RT-AC68U E1......384.4.2

My adaptative qos signature version do not upgrade....... and shows 2.044 updated 2018/04/29.....

After initialize

Is the first time It hapens for me

anyone else happens???

I have an issue today.........(RT-AC68U E1......384.4.2

My adaptative qos signature version do not upgrade....... and shows 2.044 updated 2018/04/29.....

After initialize

Is the first time It hapens for me

anyone else happens???

Router update only occurs every two days. Just be patient, it's possible that when your router tried to update, Asus were updating the signature files and it wasn't fully propagated to their servers yet. 2.068 is now available - it wasn't yet yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!