What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem comes when I connect my xbox one, I throw the connection directly I'm out of connection. Has someone had something similar? all this in 87U. I have restored to factory and remains the same every time I turn on the xbox I am without connection.

Yep, should be always done when upgrading firmware - as discussed here! :rolleyes:
Fair enough... But whats the difference between pulling out the power adapter connector and just using the On/Off button (which is what I did). Anyway, I'll give the old college try again later today. Will just leave the power disconnected for a minute or two. Overkill can't hurt. ;-)

More problems on the AC-3200 from family... multiple devices...

I ended up backing off to 384.4 beta 3 and the issues seem resolved.

I had previously factory reset on 384.x (I think x=4, though may have been .3 .. both beta).

Anyone else having issues with the 3200 on the latest update. the symptoms seem to include
- able to connect to 5 Ghz, but no data throughput
- incorrect password despite using correct password

2.4Ghz looks ok

Interesting..... for me... everything works EXCEPT the 2.4Ghz band on the 3200 after moving to 384.x
I'm running 68U on 384.4 and 384.3 before it fine.

On 3200, all beta versions of 384 and included the latest release 384.4 cause problems for me in regards to 2.4Ghz band.
After update... everything starts up.. i can see all networks... but when i try to connect to 2.4ghz band.. it says incorrect password. I have checked and rechecked, and the password is correct. The 5ghz band works fine.

As soon as i reverted back to 384.3 on this router, the 2.4ghz band connects immediately with no intervention.. so i known the passwords from the client side are correct.

Don't known why my 3200 has had this problem on 384.4.

same dual wan load balance issue since 384.3 on RT-68U. Not able to load SSL pages in load balance mode. Works fine with failover mode.

First of all big thanks @Merlin for the firmware, amazing work!
Not sure if it is firmware related at all, but on my RT-AC5300 when trying to register for IFTTT I'm getting this: Account Linking Failed. (2)
Currently supported devices. Did anyone mange to register IFTTTT on RT-AC5300, if yes, what is the trick? Cheers
FW 384.4

Set your timezone correctly - the clock automatically syncs with an NTP server once WAN comes up.

Time zone is correct. See attached. I am in Central time zone. I also unplugged WAN cable until status page shows internet is lost, then plugged in WAN cable. Initially Admin/System page looked OK under time zone then after 3-4 seconds Reminder in yellow came up and said the locale is different than the time zone. I took the images below at 6:45PM (18:45) Central time. Is there another place to set the time zone?? It also appears the APPLY button the the Admin/System page doesn't do anything.

Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 6.45.29 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 6.46.08 PM.jpg

Got it figured out. Even though the time zone appeared to be set correctly, it wasn't. Also, apply does nothing on the Admin/System page UNLESS you change or just retype your system password. Once the "password is updated" then you click APPLY and the settings on the Admin/System page are saved. So now when the router shows Central time zone the time is finally correct.

Last edited:
Sorry....but since updating from official 3.0.0.4.384.20379 to 3.84.4 I have constant dropouts....have reinstalled 3 times via cable with manual reboots. between. Just keeps "hanging"...never happened before on any 380 Merlin-branch or the official 20379.....
Any suggestions..........
I'm facing the same issue. My internet connection randomly drops, while the log shows "kernel: nvram: consolidating space!".

Just upgraded my rt-68p and usb3 is no longer working, when router gets turned on all lights except for usb3 goes on can this be firmware related?

Regarding the 2.4 GHz radio not coming on on my AC86U... I've tried everything I know to do. Since 384.3 was fine, I did a Factory Initialize under 384.3, followed by a minimal setup (Just WAN, Wireless, and Admin account). Then I flashed 384.4. The 2.4 LED dropped OFF during flash and did not come back. I powered down the router for a minute, then rebooted. Still no 2.4 Wireless. Did a hard reset to force reinitialize. After router booted (Still no 2.4 Wireless LED) I connected via LAN and went thru the basic setup screens. 2.4 still did not come on. Powered off and waited 60 seconds. Rebooted. Still no 2.4 Network. I even checked for the 2.4 SSID with my cell phone thinking maybe it was just an LED issue. Sadly no. Throughout this process the 2.4 SSID never became visible, so the radio is truly OFF.

Flashed back to 384.3 and voila... 2.4 Network was instantly back online. I reinitialized, then restored my backup config and now I'm back where I should be. Guess I'll stick with 384.3.

Interesting that the 2.4 radio worked fine under both 384.4 beta 1 & 2, but not beta 3 and R0.

Seems like there are a lot of issues people are having with 384.4. Maybe the next release will work for me.

RT-AC5300 issue.

I have two of these that I just upgraded to 384.4. One of them won't display status on the Network Map page and one will display it just fine. None of the possible status pages load. I've rebooted several times including several power off/power on reboots.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• no status.JPG
    no status.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
Full story,

Updated to 384.4, made minimum config, all worked great except USB 3... Status page states no device connected
Used recovery tool to install Asus latest 384 firmware and USB was recognized with it.
Updated again to Merlins 384 and USB stopped working

Between each installation a WPS restore was made after leaving device disconnected, also device was left for around 15 mins with merlins FW installed and USB connected but was not recognized

so im guessing its a bug...

Interesting..... for me... everything works EXCEPT the 2.4Ghz band on the 3200 after moving to 384.x
I'm running 68U on 384.4 and 384.3 before it fine.

Same here but on a 5300.
Reverted back and everything fine again. 384.4 has some issues!

RT-AC5300 issue.

I have two of these that I just upgraded to 384.4. One of them won't display status on the Network Map page and one will display it just fine. None of the possible status pages load. I've rebooted several times including several power off/power on reboots.

Thoughts?
I would try a factory reset. Mine is working fine except for WiFi site survey.

Time zone is correct. See attached. I am in Central time zone. I also unplugged WAN cable until status page shows internet is lost, then plugged in WAN cable. Initially Admin/System page looked OK under time zone then after 3-4 seconds Reminder in yellow came up and said the locale is different than the time zone. I took the images below at 6:45PM (18:45) Central time. Is there another place to set the time zone?? It also appears the APPLY button the the Admin/System page doesn't do anything.

View attachment 12357 View attachment 12358

Got it figured out. Even though the time zone appeared to be set correctly, it wasn't. Also, apply does nothing on the Admin/System page UNLESS you change or just retype your system password. Once the "password is updated" then you click APPLY and the settings on the Admin/System page are saved. So now when the router shows Central time zone the time is finally correct.
Change the month to 4th in both DST start and end fields.... this should resolve this

Asus RT-AC5300
Upgraded from beta 3 and everything (that I use) works perfectly since Saturday morning.
Did a factory reset a few weeks ago when switching from 380.xx to 384.xx beta1. This time I only powered off and on the router .

Thank you Merlin.

Anyone with a usb 3 problem after upgrading make sure that under WIFI>Proffesional>2.4>USB interference "enable". Hope it helps..:D

AC3200 running properly for 2 days - no wifi issues, no lan issues, connected two drives, latest entware, overclocked, active swap.

That should be disable for better usb 3. That's what the help says.
Try it. Your usb 3 device may not work as usb 3 with an asus product. This is well known issue and is controlled by Asus this is out of @RMerlin control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!