What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not aware that cron tasks did not exhibit persistence throughout a reboot. After the reboot it seems whatever timezone bug was occurring has corrected itself!

Might be a timing issue of some sort when the crond service gets started perhaps, maybe it happens too close to when the TZ is set.

Before there was the signature date, now no longer

The date value is only set after an online update. It will reappear after the next update.

Yes or No? Clearing the browser cache is done. RT-AC68U.
View attachment 12557
Depends if you want to run MAC address filtering or not. Up to you! It's certainly more secure to run that way, but it'll slow you down if you have to essentially "whitelist" each wireless device.

In 384.4_2 on a RT-AC3200 I had problems with minidlna, on my Samsung tv media player it shows only 96 folders and just 14 most recent files, log didn't show any issue, all folders seams to be added to watching. Looks that the indexing stops at letter "P" or "R" (don't remember exactly but is not relevant imo). Even for the folder with the most recent files the same rule applies, sounds logical as this folder is based on general indexing though. Tried stock minidlna, also tried jffs script with custom postconf - same result. Scanning is running indefinteley on web gui. file.db looks the same after any change or delete of the entire minidlna directory log. What is interesting - initially seams that minidlna worked fine. But after I changed the name of the shared folder, bug appeared. This issue appeared on 2 two different AC3200, one configured as router, another as AP, but only after I changed sharing names and change somesetting in asus media player screen (enable/disable, sharing name/all disks, etc).
Meantime I reverted to 380.69_2 to correct this issue. Now all back to normal, stock config.

It is only I or this is a known bug? Any workaround?

Not sure if this has been reported or it is a known bug/feature, perhaps it was there before but I only noticed it on 384.4_2 (AC-68U).
I have permanently running Guest WiFi on 2.4 GHz (access to the internal LAN is disabled).
The devices that are connected to that Guest WiFi are being displayed as connected to a wired LAN in the "Client Status" on the "Network Map" page.
Don't know if that makes any difference, but all my devices (including the Guest WiFi) are currently given out IP addresses by DHCP using "manual assignment" from the "LAN" settings page.

Not sure if this has been reported or it is a known bug/feature, perhaps it was there before but I only noticed it on 384.4_2 (AC-68U).
I have permanently running Guest WiFi on 2.4 GHz (access to the internal LAN is disabled).
The devices that are connected to that Guest WiFi are being displayed as connected to a wired LAN in the "Client Status" on the "Network Map" page.
Don't know if that makes any difference, but all my devices (including the Guest WiFi) are currently given out IP addresses by DHCP using "manual assignment" from the "LAN" settings page.

I see the same thing on my AC86U. Looks like another Asus client list bug.

@Broken Hope,

IOS 11.3 has now been published. How does it work for you? do you still get a maximum of 433?

I still have problems. Although I think more and more that it is still the ASUS. A Samsung Galaxy S7 has also 433.

@RMerlin,

Do you have an idea why the iPhone X in combination with the Asus (5GhZ) only gets 433?

@RMerlin,

Do you have an idea why the iPhone X in combination with the Asus (5GhZ) only gets 433?
You didn't say what router you're talking about but on my 68P the iPhone X links @433 Mbps only when the iPhone is on "low power mode", at "full power mode" the link is 866 Mbps.

Still having drop outs on 2.4Ghz clients occasionally after moving back again to this build from 384.3 following a complete factory reset and reconfigure from scratch. One thing I have noticed when running this on my RT-AC3200 is that if I enable the guest network feature it completley kills the 2.4Ghz wireless in that the SSID is broadcasting but none of my clients can connect either to the standard intranet connected SSID or the Guest SSID just shows incorrect password. If I then disable the guest network and power off/on all is working again. I do have all my SSIDs set to the same name /passkey on WPA2 allowing my clients to roam between 2.4/5Ghz but not using smart connect. Could this setup be causing the wireless issues?

You didn't say what router you're talking about but on my 68P the iPhone X links @433 Mbps only when the iPhone is on "low power mode", at "full power mode" the link is 866 Mbps.

Thank you! It’s a problem with the RT-AC68U, but also the RT-AC86U.

But here you have a point! if I switch "low battery" off, it is fast. How easy can it be :)

Still having drop outs on 2.4Ghz clients occasionally after moving back again to this build from 384.3 following a complete factory reset and reconfigure from scratch. One thing I have noticed when running this on my RT-AC3200 is that if I enable the guest network feature it completley kills the 2.4Ghz wireless in that the SSID is broadcasting but none of my clients can connect either to the standard intranet connected SSID or the Guest SSID just shows incorrect password. If I then disable the guest network and power off/on all is working again. I do have all my SSIDs set to the same name /passkey on WPA2 allowing my clients to roam between 2.4/5Ghz but not using smart connect. Could this setup be causing the wireless issues?

Get back on 380FW, it works like a charm on the 3200, this new FW code seems like a real dog.

I still have problems. Although I think more and more that it is still the ASUS. A Samsung Galaxy S7 has also 433.

I have a Galaxy S5 its connected right now at 866. Using 384.5 A1

Get back on 380FW, it works like a charm on the 3200, this new FW code seems like a real dog.

Would do if there was a route to down grade, when I try to load 380 the gui gives me a message that the firmware is not valid given the earlier version, do you need to do a firmware restore from using the emergency restore process ? And does the 380 firmware still work correctly given the change in size to the NVRAM on 384?

Depends if you want to run MAC address filtering or not. Up to you! It's certainly more secure to run that way, but it'll slow you down if you have to essentially "whitelist" each wireless device.
I'm not asking, I'm showing a bug :) The checkboxes are not displayed.

@Broken Hope,

IOS 11.3 has now been published. How does it work for you? do you still get a maximum of 433?

@RMerlin,

FWIW I get 866mbps connection on my iPhone X with my AC5300. And that’s even from a couple of rooms away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
FWIW I get 866mbps connection on my iPhone X with my AC5300. And that’s even from a couple of rooms away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To get 866 Mbps on my iPhone 7 Plus, I have to place it right next to my AC88U. A room or two away and I’m lucky if I can get 260 Mbps. My older iPad Air 2 gets a much better connection at farther distances.

It's all about the antenna in the phone and whats between the phone and router. Some phones have better antennas then others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!