What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.5 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wow, finally I've done it after redownloading. This was a corrupted file with odd .w extension instead of trx.

Oops, probably I confused 86 and 68 with each other :rolleyes:

How many times must I say these....

DON’T FLASH FIRMWARE WHEN YOU ARE SLEEPY!

Lol.. rest well.. open your eyes and the world will become more beautiful than before.

Excuse me, but was something changed in port-forwarding ?
Now my AC86U still in the test, so not on the border, but inside of home network.
I tried to monitor them by zabbix, from his "WAN" interface, but without lucky ...

I made the next record in the port forwarding
vserver.png
But cannot connect at all.
I looked into the iptables rules, and can see only rules for VSERVER chain:
Code:
-A VSERVER -s 192.168.99.222/32 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 10050 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.2:10050
But nothing in INPUT
After adding appropriate line - everything work like a charm
Code:
 iptables -I INPUT 13 -d 192.168.1.2/32 -p tcp -m conntrack --ctstate DNAT -m tcp --dport 10050 -j ACCEPT
But, as I can remember, usually it was fully enough to configure vserver on appropriate page, and everything is work.

P.S. Factory defaul (initialize) was applied after upgrading to 384.5.
There are a files with saved iptables before and after port forwarding configuration.

Attachments

• iptables-before.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 592
  • iptables-after.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 278
Your laptop is requesting an address using it's full domain name, FLL1D45424.internal.hatma.dom. DHCP is ignoring the domain part and only using the host name to register an IP address to. It's an informational message and there's nothing to worry about.
I have been getting that same error message concerning my wife's work laptop for years without issue. It is safe to ignore.

In case it helps anyone else...

I completely initialized the two remote repeaters and reconfigured them again and they appear to be stable for now and I can connect to them wired, 2.4 and 5ghz now. This time i turned off one while i setup the other to just to test out everything and make sure it wasn't' some sort of broadcast or layer 2 interference.

Thanks so much for this post! Was afraid I'd lost repeater functionality on my RT-AC68U. That "initialize" button works wonders!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
@RMerlin Hi since there is no official suggestions/feature request thread ( at least I didn't found one ), Can I request a feature here? If it possible that the Wireless Log page under System Log show wireless client's custom names I've set according to their Mac Addresses? I'm asking about this because the Network Map page doesn't always shows the correct and real time client list but the Wireless Log page usually does, so if I can see my custom names there too that'll be awesome.

Whats your problem? It is that clear and easy, you only have to read and type correct number. There are really large problems, but the names are quite clear and 68<>86 since ever.
And 86U got encrypted firmware, thats why they changed extension from .trx to .w, thats ok for me too.
As well it is ok that firmware will be checked before upload like in this case shows to prevent bricked router.

It was more of a joke... o_O

So on my RT-AC3100 I am getting flooded in system log with these types of messages
May 19 03:36:24 kernel: device br0 left promiscuous mode
May 19 03:36:25 roamast: eth2: add client [YY:YY:YY:YY:YY:YY] to monitor list
May 19 03:36:48 kernel: br0: port 3(wds0.1) entering forwarding state
May 19 03:36:48 kernel: device wds0.1 left promiscuous mode
May 19 03:36:48 kernel: br0: port 3(wds0.1) entering disabled state
May 19 03:36:49 kernel: EMF_ERROR: Interface wds0.1 doesn't exist
May 19 03:36:49 kernel: Register interface [wds0.3] MAC: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
May 19 03:36:49 kernel: device wds0.3 entered promiscuous mode
May 19 03:36:49 kernel: br0: port 3(wds0.3) entering forwarding state
May 19 03:36:49 kernel: br0: port 3(wds0.3) entering forwarding state
May 19 03:37:03 crond[405]: time disparity of 661416 minutes detected
May 19 03:37:28 kernel: br0: port 5(wds0.2) entering forwarding state
May 19 03:37:28 kernel: device wds0.2 left promiscuous mode
May 19 03:37:28 kernel: br0: port 5(wds0.2) entering disabled state
May 19 03:37:29 kernel: EMF_ERROR: Interface wds0.2 doesn't exist
May 19 03:37:30 rc_service: rc 1399:notify_rc restart_wrs
May 19 03:39:13 kernel: br0: port 4(wds1.2) entering forwarding state
May 19 03:39:13 kernel: device wds1.2 left promiscuous mode
May 19 03:39:13 kernel: br0: port 4(wds1.2) entering disabled state
May 19 03:39:14 kernel: EMF_ERROR: Interface wds1.2 doesn't exist
May 19 03:40:45 roamast: eth1: add client [WW:WW:WW:WW:WW:WW] to monitor list
May 19 03:41:30 kernel: br0: port 3(wds0.3) entering forwarding state
May 19 03:41:30 kernel: device wds0.3 left promiscuous mode
May 19 03:41:30 kernel: br0: port 3(wds0.3) entering disabled state
May 19 03:41:30 kernel: EMF_ERROR: Interface wds0.3 doesn't exist
Iwik

OK, so I also had the "Firmware upgrade unsuccessful" thing that Marko Polo mentioned above - but I did check a number of times and I DID use RT-AC68U_384.5_0.trx which seems to be the correct file for my AC68U and the SHA256 of the file was indeed
fb6d40b20e5b50ffd930d29be850530a7562d2252d2d0e65dab5b0f82a458e8f .

The reason in my case was the browser - latest Chrome with all kind of "noscript" stuff seems to create problems :(

Using a less paranoid setup (in my case Safari) worked fine.

I will post an update after testing 384.5 for some time.

Anyway, thank you very much Merlin!

I'm still getting 2.4GHz issues on my RT-AC3200. Everything works fine initially, then after about 45 minutes to an hour, my devices can no longer connect to the 2.4 GHz Wifi. If I reboot the router I can connect again, but after a while devises start to drop off and can no longer connect. 5Ghz is not an issue. I think it all start from 384.4 but can't say for sure.

Each time I re-flash, I do the obligatory factory reset and manually reconfigure the router.

Any advice?

I'm still getting 2.4GHz issues on my RT-AC3200. Everything works fine initially, then after about 45 minutes to an hour, my devices can no longer connect to the 2.4 GHz Wifi. If I reboot the router I can connect again, but after a while devises start to drop off and can no longer connect. 5Ghz is not an issue. I think it all start from 384.4 but can't say for sure.

Each time I re-flash, I do the obligatory factory reset and manually reconfigure the router.

Any advice?

Same issue with my 86u. Problem is described in many topics at this forum and still unsolved...

Same issue with my 86u. Problem is described in many topics at this forum and still unsolved...

My 10 cents worth,

My 2.4 rock solid here.
[Edit] Standard router mode.

2.4 settings:
Channel width manually set to 20 MHz.
[Edit] Channel selection - auto.
Mu-MIMO disable.
Universal Beamforming disable.
Airtime fairness disable.
Roaming assistant disable.
Reduce USB 3 interference disable.

All these have been recommended at one time or another in this forum.
Might be worth trying?

Any advice?

In addition to Treadlers advice (which is almost become a de facto standard when it comes to Asus wifi setup):

If you run a fw version with both factory default (which still in my mind sounds like the right choice for a complete reset) and initiliaze as a restore option, always choose the initiliaze button.

When the router setup starts you also get to choose if you want 2,4 and 5 as one network or seperate networks. I've always chosen seperate network and followed Treadlers advice. But I think I read something in the forum during the alfa or beta testing about a person choosing one network for both 2,4 and 5, which all of sudden solved all of his wifi problems. Maybe worth a shot, trying out the two different approaches to see if one works better for you than the other.

Running 384.5 Firmware on RT-Ac88U and everything works perfectly.

I have a question, if the Asus Router BRT-AC828 has the Captive Portal functionality wouldn't it be possible to make that functionality also available for other Asus Routers ?

t5Hu6al.png

In addition to Treadlers advice (which is almost become a de facto standard when it comes to Asus wifi setup):

If you run a fw version with both factory default (which still in my mind sounds like the right choice for a complete reset) and initiliaze as a restore option, always choose the initiliaze button.

When the router setup starts you also get to choose if you want 2,4 and 5 as one network or seperate networks. I've always chosen seperate network and followed Treadlers advice. But I think I read something in the forum during the alfa or beta testing about a person choosing one network for both 2,4 and 5, which all of sudden solved all of his wifi problems. Maybe worth a shot, trying out the two different approaches to see if one works better for you than the other.

Thanks for answering and sharing your recommendations.

But believe me guys, i checked everything. Every single version of firmware (stock and Merlin), each parameter to be changeable.

Currently my 86u acts as a furniture, every time i find some new advise that could help, I do it immediately. Unfortunately nothing helped.

I my opinion, taking different experiences of users, there could be some odd connection between firmware Bug and installed scripts that i Used( ab-solution, skynet, dnscrypt, pixelserv)... tbc.

BR[emoji106]

Thanks for answering and sharing your recommendations.

But believe me guys, i checked everything. Every single version of firmware (stock and Merlin), each parameter to be changeable.

Currently my 86u acts as a furniture, every time i find some new advise that could help, I do it immediately. Unfortunately nothing helped.

I my opinion, taking different experiences of users, there could be some odd connection between firmware Bug and installed scripts that i Used( ab-solution, skynet, dnscrypt, pixelserv)... tbc.

BR[emoji106]

I have just tried to use my router in bridge mode via2.4
g radio. I see that it’s succesfully connected to synology rt2600ac but can’t obtain its own IP. Isn’t it weird?

My 10 cents worth,

My 2.4 rock solid here.
[Edit] Standard router mode.

2.4 settings:
Channel width manually set to 20 MHz.
[Edit] Channel selection - auto.
Mu-MIMO disable.
Universal Beamforming disable.
Airtime fairness disable.
Roaming assistant disable.
Reduce USB 3 interference disable.

All these have been recommended at one time or another in this forum.
Might be worth trying?

Thank you all for such a swift response. I tried all your recommendation and within 45 minutes "SNAFU". What I did do though. Once the router completed its reboot, I rest it again using the rest button on the back (red button), reconfigured it manually (as you do) and for the past two hours, no issues.

So fingers crossed. I'll update tomorrow, unless it occurs again.

Observation of 384.5 Traditional QOS: Seems to be running real well and no problems for devices needing bandwidth. DSL Reports gives me these results after a thirty second test:
33616429.png

I hate to have to put all my static IPs in again after a reset, sigh,,, but if nobody has any other ideas I guess I'll go that route. :/
The Merlin firmware upgrade link in my signature will show you how to save and restore static DHCP assignments when performing firmware updates, or moving down versions.

Last edited:
All of you, guys, have AC68-U and upgrade process went fine for you?
I flashed an AC68U yesterday from factory stock to 384.5 with no issues using Firefox on Windows 10 Pro.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!