What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.5 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just wanted to say thank you RMerlin, 24 days uptime on my AC88u and no issues.
Definitely most stable version for me ever.

I am very satisfied with 384.5 on my RT-AC66U_B1.
I got this bug this morning, that I had on 380 branch too. Twice a year, even with a weekly scheduled reboot, sometimes the cpu1 is stuck at 100%.
A ssh top command reports nothing, no process at 100%.
A reboot does not fix it, as the cpu stays at 100% and internet is not detected.
I have the power off / power on to be back on track. And the logs stop at the moment the cpu is at 100%, no trace.
The only thing that was different is the notice that a new firmware was available at the top.

Except this bug, everything is rock solid on it. Thank you for your hardwork!

I would like to upgrade to 384.5 from 380.68, AC 68U I am trying to find out if I need to reset to factory then upgrade it. Also, another thing, Do I clear NVRAM usage.

I would like to upgrade to 384.5 from 380.68, AC 68U I am trying to find out if I need to reset to factory then upgrade it. Also, another thing, Do I clear NVRAM usage.
just upgrade and then a factory reset with initialize should be fine.

,just upgrade and then a factory reset with initialize should be fine.
Wohoo! Thanks, I appreciate it again. After upgrading the firmware, I then, proceeded to factory reset. However, I want to make sure Vram usage
50946 / 65536 bytes is this normal?

Wohoo! Thanks, I appreciate it again. After upgrading the firmware, I then, proceeded to factory reset. However, I want to make sure Vram usage
50946 / 65536 bytes is this normal?
That’s normal.

Hi!

Got a problem with my AC87U and the VPN client. Have installed Ab-Solution, Skynet and DNSCrypt. There is no connection for the clients that are not routed thru the VPN. Works fine for those who are. Tried with strict 'policy routing', but to no avail.

Hi!

Got a problem with my AC87U and the VPN client. Have installed Ab-Solution, Skynet and DNSCrypt. There is no connection for the clients that are not routed thru the VPN. Works fine for those who are. Tried with strict 'policy routing', but to no avail.

Can you take screenshot of the vpn client settings and Rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel?
Just remove username password and Server Address and Port before screenshot..

Can you take screenshot of the vpn client settings and Rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel?
Just remove username password and Server Address and Port before screenshot..

Sorry for the late reply. I got it to work when setting it up all, then adding all clients to be routed through openvpn, and then removing the clients which I don't want routed.

Sorry for the late reply. I got it to work when setting it up all, then adding all clients to be routed through openvpn, and then removing the clients which I don't want routed.

Np ;)
Good that it's working
Uploaded a image of my setup for routing clients

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180816-223859.png
    Screenshot_20180816-223859.png
    119 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
In Asuswrt-Merlin release version 384.5 my RT-AC87U does not list any of my 5GHz active clients in the "Network Map" -> "View List" in either of the "All" or "Interface" Tabs.

In the "All" tab it lists the Ethernet & 2.4GHz connected clients but none of the active 5GHz clients.

In the "Interface" tab it lists the Ethernet & 2.4GHz connected clients in their respective interface type but for the 5GHz interface type it simply says "No Data in Table" .

Yet if I go to "System Log" -> "Wireless Log" both 2.4GHz and 5GHz clients are displayed in the "List of connected Wireless Clients" according to their respective types.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!