What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.63_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The last link above shows the best way to 'restore' settings (do not do it via the gui).

The first three links show you how to get your router and network to a good/known state.
Thanks, L&LD, those links are useful resources.

For the record, I was upgrading an RT-AC87U from 380.62.

Thanks RMerlin for the fast fixing! QOS statistics working properly for me now with new 380.63.1 test build. Great work!

QOS Statistics seems working correctly now with 380.63_1 build:

WBMtgIJ.png

Ahh, didn't load on my phone. So no fix then,hopefully in future if it can be reproduced :)

I had some time to look into it this afternoon. The problem isn't related to wifi but to DHCP. When you set a static lease on the networkmap, the whole network subsystem is restarted so these changes can be immediately applied to the network clients, causing the client to disconnect. When it tries to reconnect, there's a conflict between the old, still existing lease, and the new IP you're trying to use on the same MAC. If you look in your system log, you will see the DHCP error.

This is nothing new, networkmap has behaved like this for a long time, and nothing has been changed to it in this 380.63. Working around this limitation isn't simple, short of having dnsmasq forget ALL existing leases, or no longer immediately apply any change and require you to manually disconnect and reconnect your client. The latter would be the most sensible thing to do, but it will require analyzing that portion of the code to determine the side-effect of doing so (I didn't write that part of the code).

I just registered here to mention I am on Sky Fibre in the UK using an openreach BT modem, have been using merlin with an RT-AC87U for many months, I always update to the latest firmware when it is available with no issues.

I just tried updating to 380.63 and after the upgrade I had no internet access at all across any device (the router webpage showed Internet Status Connected), I tried uploading the firmware a second time with the same result.
I didn't have time to try a factory reset and re-do all my settings, so I downgraded back to 380.62_1 and now it works again...

Sorry I cant add any logs or anything else to help but I thought this would be worth posting, it is the first time I have had an issue with a merlin firmware and had to roll back.

I just registered here to mention I am on Sky Fibre in the UK using an openreach BT modem, have been using merlin with an RT-AC87U for many months, I always update to the latest firmware when it is available with no issues.

I just tried updating to 380.63 and after the upgrade I had no internet access at all across any device (the router webpage showed Internet Status Connected), I tried uploading the firmware a second time with the same result.
I didn't have time to try a factory reset and re-do all my settings, so I downgraded back to 380.62_1 and now it works again...

Sorry I cant add any logs or anything else to help but I thought this would be worth posting, it is the first time I have had an issue with a merlin firmware and had to roll back.

Think you saw a bit of a anomaly there as I'm on an identical setup Sky Fibre/AC87U/HG612/380.63 and all fine for me.

I uploaded a few builds to the Test Builds folder on Mediafire.
Give these a try if you were having issues with the QoS statistics page.
Good Morning RMerlin,

I can confirm that it's fine now with PPPoE WAN. Thank you for fixing it so fast! :)

Kind regards,
Chris

i factory reset, and then clear cookie,cache still got this problem.... but last beta version show both chart correctly
Ok, which browser ? Maybe try to reflash firmware, it could be a error in the flashing process but that should be very unlikeley.

Can u please post your output of:
Code:
ps w | grep qosd

Thanks !

QOS Statistics still not working correctly(missing upload section) with 380.63_1 on ac5300

What does the following command return?

Code:
nvram get wan0_ifname

QOS Statistics still not working correctly(missing upload section) with 380.63_1 on ac5300
BWvoay9.png

Works here on my AC5300

Regards

Attachments

• Snap2.jpg
    Snap2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 361
Code:
vlan500

So, looks like qosd is flat out ignoring the configured interface, and is hardcoding eth0 in all cases, unlike traditional QoS.

N66R no QOS download stats. Also not able to create file for custom traffic recording to USB. Yes, did factory reset... several times!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!