What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi Merlin, thanks for your hard work and new .65 release. It works well beside issues with wifi on RT-N66U, from time to time wifi become inaccessible and only restart fix this. I made factory reset and manually configure my router, but it didn't helped. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi Merlin, thanks for your hard work and new .65 release. It works well beside issues with wifi on RT-N66U, from time to time wifi become inaccessible and only restart fix this. I made factory reset and manually configure my router, but it didn't helped. Any ideas?

Set the 2.4 to a fixed channel 1, 6 or 11 at 20 mhz bandwidth. Set 5 to a fixed channel such as 163, 20/40 mhz bandwidth

Set the 2.4 to a fixed channel 1, 6 or 11 at 20 mhz bandwidth. Set 5 to a fixed channel such as 163, 20/40 mhz bandwidth

I would use 40 mhz on 5 ghz no reason to go any lower or whats the point of 5 ghz there are no overlapping channels there. 2.4 is nothing but a waste land of crap thats basically unusable for most.

I ran into difficulties logging into the web UI in Safari on my macbook Pro after I enabled HTTPS. I found similar difficulties with Firefox and chrome. I finally got it working in Firefox when I go directly to https://192.168.1.1:8443/Main_Login.asp. If you don't specify /Main_login.asp it will not work in any of the three browsers. Perhaps this is common knowledge but I just started using this yesterday :)

Edit: I failed to mention my router is rt–ac68w.

Here is a screenshot of what I was getting in Safari last night.
View attachment 8458

One thing to try is to go and remove the website data specific to the router: Safari->Preferences->Privacy->Manage Website Data, you can do a search for 192.168.1.1 likely it'll have Cache, Cookies and Local Storage. Select it and then click Remove. Restart Safari and try accessing it again. You'll also want to store the cert when prompted instead of just clicking Continue. What version of Firefox were you running as I had not issues with 51.0.1 on the MacBook Pro either.

In addition to @bbunge and @Kal-EL suggestions you can try using a new SSID.

I spoke too soon.
Signature Check went from Notifying as current, to Update Failed.
Currently @ 1.142
Weird Glitch occurred when signing into router, instead of logging into the "index.asp" the router log in took me to /ajax which showed core temp text. Took several attempts to get log in to correct page. o_O
Signature updates just started to work! Currently 1.146

I have a RT-3100 set up as a media bridge. Since I installed 380.65, my ram usage keeps going up. I noticed that the cache is increasing. There is no flush in the gui that I can find.
I know there is a setting for the standard router setup, but none for the bridge mode.
How can I clear my cache manually?

Signature updates just started to work! Currently 1.146

Yes, I poked at Asus this week about it, they fixed it on their end.

What do those do?

It's used by Trend Micro's DPI engine to recognize traffic types, among other things (dunno if it also includes malware detection).

I have a RT-3100 set up as a media bridge. Since I installed 380.65, my ram usage keeps going up. I noticed that the cache is increasing. There is no flush in the gui that I can find.
I know there is a setting for the standard router setup, but none for the bridge mode.
How can I clear my cache manually?

RAM is meant to be used, otherwise it's wasted. Cache will use what's free as it needs it, and will release it if other processes need it for more important needs.

I just checked mine and it is working, says signatures are up to date, but mine is 1.142....how do these get updated?

Mine read 1.110.. I clicked the link for "Scheduled new firmware check" returned and the version read 1.146... You may only have to focus off the page and return.

Mine read 1.110.. I clicked the link for "Scheduled new firmware check" returned and the version read 1.146... You may only have to focus off the page and return.

The " Signature Version " is nothing to do with the firmware or any checking settings , it is the Trend Micro database signature number for the Ai Protection system , it is updated by Asus servers.

asus official seems to fail on me after two weeks of use on a brand new RT-AC5300, forced me to learn factory reset and rescue reload, It ended up fixed with factory reset.
But what da heck, decided to roll with merlin and it seems to work nicely right after flashing. There is no change of setting required for me as I use the more general feature set.

However, I do notice two things.
1. The GUI in general loads slow, I would say this is due to more information to be queried before display?

2. The only oddity I see so far is one of the page failed to render properly on screen. (chrome/edge/IE on windows 10)
-> System Log/Wireless Log.

thanks Merlin for your hard work to give the community an alternative option.

Is there any reason to use the channels you mentioned? I have already a fixed channel setting for both bands, but different numbers.

1, 6, 11 don't overlap: image link
for 5ghz: link
I was thinking that this could be a reason, but unfortunately at those channels runs almost all wifi networks in my area. I choose channel 8 for 2.4 ghz as it was the cleanest. 5ghz is almost empty so there is no problem.

Did IPv6 support and/or OpenVPN server previously suffer memory leaks that were fixed in this release?

With 380.64 I started using a swapfile all the time, as I observed that it made my RT-AC87U more stable when using OpenVPN and AB-Solution together with IPv6rd. The swapfile used to grow in size each day, which made me suspect one or several memory leaks. Which would explain why the router would need rebooting after a few days when not using a swapfile...

But now with 380.65 the swapfile usage has been constant at around 5 mb usage, with no increase.

Another release with even worse issues connecting to webui from iOS and macOS devices. In previous releases I had issues with Safari but Chrome worked OK. Now I cannot even connect with all these browsers. The only way I found is to use Edge in my Windows VM in Parallels. What could I break?

My nephew uses Merlin on his Asus RT5300, he has iPad, iPhone, Macbook Pro and an iMac desktop, he has no problem with the GUI on Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!