What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, it worked! Thank you! However, Traffic Monitor is still broken in Safari :( It's a pity Merlin doesn't have Mac to test its firmware :(
You can always try an alternate browser on the Mac.

There is the chance Merlin does not have a mac or iOS device to test these things. Not to mention how broken web standards are. No reason to get huffy.
I'm in no way huffy, just let Merlin know there's something to the FW that can troublesome.

I turns out my rt ac5300 broke after two weeks. I returned and bought a new unit and merlin now loads fast and the wireless log shows correctly. I guess I made the right choice flashing to it as soon as I can this time. Hope the good time stays for a while this time.

This is how it looks like in my area, my wifi is SDWifi24G - blue one:
View attachment 8467

So it looks to me the best option.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Yeah, choose channel 1 - with channel 8 you're going to be getting interference from everyone on both channels 6 and 11 due to the overlap. Stick to 20Mhz bandwidth in 2.4GHz due to the congestion in your area.

Yeah, choose channel 1 - with channel 8 you're going to be getting interference from everyone on both channels 6 and 11 due to the overlap. Stick to 20Mhz bandwidth in 2.4GHz due to the congestion in your area.
Thanks a lot. I'll try channel 1.

Now is only 555 bytes left. Yes I can do the restore-factory,..., will this also resolve the problem related with the delete of MAC addresses from the white list?
After factory reset same problem,..., only a few bytes left in NVRAM and delete mac addresses in MAC address filter is not possible :(

After factory reset same problem,..., only a few bytes left in NVRAM and delete mac addresses in MAC address filter is not possible :(

Are you manually adding your settings back in or did you do an import of your settings? If the later, then you've just imported all the same NVRAM settings you had before. You can use John's Nvram tool as well to backup and restore items.

The minor problem with IPV6 not establishing on comcast initially has been addressed. After applying .65 and rebooting, it connected and clients started using it right away. In the last version, it would take it up to a day to connect

Thanks Merlin!!

Paul

Correct. Keep in mind that Adaptive QoS is also based on Trend Micro's DPI engine.

Correct. You need to reload the page for the displayed version to refresh.

Do we need to check signature to update these or do they update automatically?

The minor problem with IPV6 not establishing on comcast initially has been addressed. After applying .65 and rebooting, it connected and clients started using it right away. In the last version, it would take it up to a day to connect

Thanks Merlin!!

Paul
Agreed, fellow Michigander :)

Thanks a lot. I'll try channel 1.

Here is a little info if interested on why this is. Basically co-channel is better than overlapping. And you want to be with ones that are the least signal strength. So in your case there was a strong signal on 11 from another network and the ones on Ch1 were lower. You can read more info here (Why channels 1,6,11 )and the next option regarding co-channel and adjacent gives some good explanation and examples.

Last edited:
Is SITE SURVEY just not possible when Hardware Acceleration is on? RT-AC66U Merlin 380.65
Works for me. I have an AC66 as well and NAT accel always on. Seems fine on 380.65

Is your MAC Filter enabled? Site Survey won't work with MAC Filter enabled.

No it's NOT, if "Enable MAC Filter" is the Setting you mean:

Attachments

• mac.JPG
    mac.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 544
Crazy.... looks like it just needed time. It works now! LOL

Attachments

• survey.JPG
    survey.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 387
My nephew uses Merlin on his Asus RT5300, he has iPad, iPhone, Macbook Pro and an iMac desktop, he has no problem with the GUI on Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Keep in mind that the issues all started after I enabled HTTPS (encrypted) communications with the router. If your nephew is using the default HTTP (clear text) communications I would anticipate he would have no problems with any of his devices.

Just an update this new firmware on ac68u is awesome! I've been playing with it for a few days and it seems real solid. Great work rmerlin your absolutely the best! More money on its way. If you like this firmware rmerlin has a donation thread please use it! Just sayin'.

My AC-68U has just started to behave a bit erratically when logging in. After entering the user name and password and clicking Sign In, the router goes to the wrong URL. It goes to http://192.168.1.1/ajax_coretmp.asp and shows :

curr_coreTmp_2_raw = "46°C"; curr_coreTmp_2 = (curr_coreTmp_2_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_2_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_coreTmp_5_raw = "50°C"; curr_coreTmp_5 = (curr_coreTmp_5_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_5_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_coreTmp_cpu = "76";

when it should be going to: http://192.168.1.1/index.asp

Any idea why? This is NOT consistent...maybe 1 time out of 5 but it has occurred multiple times. This behavior started with 380-65...never saw it with prior versions

U rebooted and re-formatted the JFFS partition. Worked fine for 3-4 sing ins and then the router went here: http://192.168.1.1/update_networkmapd.asp and showed:

fromNetworkmapd = '<0>Margos-MBPro>192.168.1.201>68:5B...xxxxxx....'.replace(/>/g, ">").replace(/</g, "<").split('<');

I deleted the majority of the screen as it showed all of the IP addresses and the device MAC addresses so this looks like a routing table...

Again, intermittent maybe errors 1 time out of 4-5 times

FYI, browser is firefox

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!