What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 (and 384.13_6) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The link speed I get on all my devices on this firmware is 173.3 Mbps (AC and AX cards). With the 384.15, I get regular full speeds. Is there any settings to be modified, or is this a bug? My router is an AX88U.

LE - Found the culprit. I had my Control Channel on Auto. Changed it manually to 36 and everything seems to be fine now. Question: Can it stay on Auto and get the full link speed as before?

Last edited:
Reactions: a5m
I have a RT-AC88U that was running 384.16. Clients were losing their IPV6 address after a few minutes. I have tried multiple reboots. After the reboot, clients would have IPV6 connectivity for a few minutes.

I reverted back to 384.15 and have had no issues with clients losing IPV6 addresses.
I had the same issue with 384.16beta2 which I reported in the beta topic, but now on 384.16 it is working fine since I installed the final version some days ago.

Why are you guys so concerned about a Signature update? It's for Trend Micro's protection updates like you can say its an update for its malware/virus etc database and if you don't use AiProtection on your router you don't even need it.

Why are you guys so concerned about a Signature update? It's for Trend Micro's protection updates like you can say its an update for its malware/virus etc database and if you don't use AiProtection on your router you don't even need it.

Ah that explains why I don't see it I don't use AiProtection!

Does anyone use/have a Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter? After running the 384.16 update on my RT-AC86U, the device appears to be attached to my network, but no longer communicates with the internet and therefore no longer can control my lock when not in proximity to it.
https://www.schlage.com/en/home/products/BR400.html

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 10.05.35 AM.png

Just odd, and the timing is impeccable. I've followed the Diversion and SkyNet logs to verify it wasn't a blocked IP or sunk domain. I've reset the device and readded it to the network. I've turned DNS Filter off to verify it's not choking because it cannot access the DNS of its choice. Just out of ideas, figured I'd ask the group.

The exact timing of the last time it was able to get to the Internet is timestamped with the completion of the firmware update.

Last edited:
I appreciate your info. But fact is, nowhere on that page or in the help does it explain that this is Trend Micro related. It's in the "Firmware" UI that seems more related to the router firmware. Might be useful to add a Help "?" mouse over pop-up for the "Signature Version" text that explains it is a Trend Micro update. Or change the text to "Trend Micro Signature Version". I don't use Trend Micro AI either and would not have raised a possible issue if I had known that.

But this is a 'problem'...
I think that it meters wrong, my speed is No more than 1.2MB/s..
Something is wrong here..Is it a bug?
(RT-ac88u)

Attachments

• Στιγμιότυπο 2020-04-09, 18.35.27.png
    Στιγμιότυπο 2020-04-09, 18.35.27.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 222
But this is a 'problem'...
I think that it meters wrong, my speed is No more than 1.2MB/s..
Something is wrong here..Is it a bug?
(RT-ac88u)
You're saying your internet is less than 1.2MB/s? Merlin made it only go up to the max when it hits it. In other words if you download/upload and never hit your max it won't show your max.

The link speed I get on all my devices on this firmware is 173.3 Mbps (AC and AX cards). With the 384.15, I get regular full speeds. Is there any settings to be modified, or is this a bug? My router is an AX88U.

LE - Found the culprit. I had my Control Channel on Auto. Changed it manually to 36 and everything seems to be fine now. Question: Can it stay on Auto and get the full link speed as before?

Uhm, you already know the answer to that. :)

I appreciate your info. But fact is, nowhere on that page or in the help does it explain that this is Trend Micro related. It's in the "Firmware" UI that seems more related to the router firmware. Might be useful to add a Help "?" mouse over pop-up for the "Signature Version" text that explains it is a Trend Micro update. Or change the text to "Trend Micro Signature Version". I don't use Trend Micro AI either and would not have raised a possible issue if I had known that.

I agree with your point but that's Asus's doing and Eric dont touch Trend Micro stuff because its all closed source. Though changing the text/tooltip on that page is still possible I believe.

I guess adding a reference to Trend Micro to the label might help clarify a bit.

Flashing back and forth between multiple firmware isn't testing anything, particularly from firmware from so long ago. :)

Flash the firmware you want to test and then do a full reset/Initialize with a minimal and manual config to secure the router and connect to your ISP.

Flashing back and forth between multiple firmware isn't testing anything, particularly from firmware from so long ago. :)

Flash the firmware you want to test and then do a full reset/Initialize with a minimal and manual config to secure the router and connect to your ISP.

I've been in IT for 20 yrs, so i know a thing or two about how to go about flashing firmware on routers and testing. It didn't take longer than 30 minutes for this issue to creep back up in my environment (same issues i had in .14 and 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!