What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 (and 384.13_6) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a full reset and upgraded from 384-15 stable to 384-16 stable. I didn't install any alphas or betas previously.

I reset to factory defaults, loaded the new FW, factory reset again.

Everything appears to be working BUT...

The network map tab is extremely slow to load. When first logging in that's the default page, so it hangs for a bit there. If I wait, it finally loads and I can navigate as normal to any tab but the network map tab. It loads slowly no matter where in the GUI I was before.

Tried again this time with fresh download.
SHA signatures OK but the log entries are back, so I reckon I'll stick with 384.15 .
Thanks for your help

All wireless devices, both 2.4 and 5, had periods of no network this morning. Nothing in the logs. Power cycled and monitoring.
I have had zero problems with wireless in years.
No power fluctuations/spikes, etc. Nobody to tamper/jostle/poke at the router or cable modem.

I guess it could be that Comcast had an intermittent problem, but after seeing others report oddities on their 86Us I went straight to the power cycle.

I do have 384.15 queued for reinstall. Working from home is not the best time to have wireless issues.

Hi All,

After upgrading to 384.16 on my 86U, I noticed that the actual Wifi channel on 2.4 band is not the same as what I set the control channel to. I have my control channel as 1 but the router is broadcasting on channel 2. I ran Wifi-analyzer and it indeed is on channel 2.

See pic.

Any idea what can be the issue here?

I had a similar issue running stock firmware several weeks ago. Never did find the cause of it, but unplugging it from power for a few minutes and then powering up resolved it. Not just a restart but complete power off.

It does seem like a physical power cycle is sometimes needed after a firmware upgrade on an AC86U.

I like the new traffic meter. Is there a option we can have the values in bits per second? Thanks.

4Zu8Fc6.png

I think we are confusing some items...The picture you showed is located on the "main router page" and does show MB/s when it hits that speed. See below...
upload_2020-4-12_20-42-31.png

The other "Traffic Meter" is located under traffic analyzer. Searching shows someone reference that as TrendMicro's traffic analyzer which would mean its closed source so Merlin can't do anything with it.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/traffic-analyzer-dig-deeper.62962/#post-564637

Edit: Further search shows this answer from Merlin....

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...-13_5-are-available.62699/page-12#post-562143

Edit: Another answer from Merlin directly to @Lotta Cox
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/not-good-at-math.58049/#post-510419

Last edited:
Does the Merlin Firmware support Static LAG Link Aggregation?

Dear Merlin,

My AX88U is running 384.16 and the mu-mimo is disappear in 2.4 pro setting tab.
(https://imgur.com/a/l4Eof6Q)

When I disable the explicit beamforming, the pop window tells me it will also disable mu-mimo function, I notice the mu-mimo is gone even I re-enable the explicit beamforming.

Is it a bug?

Attachments

• RT-AX88U - 2.4G Professional.png
    RT-AX88U - 2.4G Professional.png
    298.1 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
No, not a bug.

MB is good for measuring download size. Speed is better measured in Mbits

End-user client software always use Bytes, not bits. Look at the speed report in your web browser when you download something, or your torrent client. And the network traffic monitor I use on my desktop (Rainmeter) also uses Bytes.

Does the Merlin Firmware support Static LAG Link Aggregation?

Only when Asus does for a given model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!