What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 (and 384.13_6) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone can help to solve this issue ? thanks

Lan, Switch Control, I enable "Bonding/ Link aggregation" and connect a link aggregation .. it keep disassociated and deauth ...

Any hints I can resolve it ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apr 11 18:02:03 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(401): eth2: Disassoc xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Apr 11 18:02:03 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth2: Deauth_ind xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, status: 0, reason: Class 2 frame received from nonauthenticated station (6)
Apr 11 18:02:31 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth2: Deauth_ind xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, status: 0, reason: Disassociated due to inactivity (4)
Apr 11 18:02:31 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(401): eth2: Disassoc xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Apr 11 18:03:36 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth2: Deauth_ind xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, status: 0, reason: Disassociated due to inactivity (4)
Apr 11 18:03:36 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(401): eth2: Disassoc Exx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Apr 11 18:04:13 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth2: Auth 88:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Apr 11 18:04:13 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(449): eth2: Assoc xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Apr 11 18:06:37 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth2: Deauth_ind xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, status: 0, reason: Disassociated due to inactivity (4)
Apr 11 18:06:37 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(401): eth2: Disassoc xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)

Great experience here having both server and client VPN on, samba server, multiple scripts and 10+ devices via WiFi. 7th day milestone with any problems or slowdowns. I am tempted to say that this is the most stable Merlin FW I've ever used but I will not just yet. Soon enough...

P.S: signature updated to 2.172, already having ZOOM on VoIP category and QoS working just fine with FreshJr script.

Thanks to merlin and to this great forum.

Tried it... but didn't help... I think config messed up after upgrading from 384.15 to .16
I'll try a few things more and hard reset if I cannot solve it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hi,
I'm experiencing a similar bug than your.
Every morning my PPPOE connection fails like this:

Apr 15 07:58:06 RT-AC66U_B1 WAN_Connection: Fail to connect with some issues.

Before 384.16 the router restarted the connection, now the web interface shows "disconnected".
What is more strange is the fact that some websites are accessible and some not.
For example this morning I could access Amazon Music but not Deezer.
Yesterday I could access google but not some of my country websites.
I'm using unbound, so perhaps this is the problem, but knowing your experience could be useful.
Thanks

Did you reboot after enabling QoS? In the past with my 68U even though after making a change such as QoS or AiProtection and the router doing what appeared to be a complete restart based on the slow percent count and long time to complete that it still never reset the NAT acceleration settings. I needed to issue a manual reboot after changing those settings to get the correct NAT acceleration status in the GUI.
Yes I did, multiple times.

anyone can help to solve this issue ? thanks
What is at the other end. I have a QNAP NAS and have used Link Aggregation with a AC88U and now a AX88U without issue. It uses 802.ad dynamic. From my NAS Help might be of assistance. It is some time back but I think the Asus only supports Layer 2 and not Layer 2+3. This mainly gives 2 x 1 Gbps duplex links so effectively 2 Gbps each way.

Dynamic Link Aggregation uses a complex algorithm to aggregate adapters by speed and duplex settings. It utilizes all slaves in the active aggregator according to the 802.3ad specification. Dynamic Link Aggregation mode provides load balancing and fault tolerance but requires a switch that supports IEEE 802.3ad with LACP mode properly configured.

Select the desired hash policy for 802.3ad trunking:

Layer 2 (MAC) – Compatible with all managed switches (default).

Layer 2+3 (MAC+IP) – Not supported by all switches. If supported, offers better performance (recommended).

Update since my post almost one week ago - there is certainly some problem with WiFi stability on AX88U and I am increasingly considering returning to .15 - does anybody else see the same issue? Any advice?
The WiFi on my Ax88 seems to be OK on .16 - Although I have another issue which I still haven't worked out (after a day or 2 I think DHCP goes a a bit odd - looks like WIRED devices (or wireless through a wired AP) request an IP but either don't get offered one or don't take one - I have to reboot then, restarting dnsmasq on its own doesn't work so may not be DHCP) but need to try resetting setting up etc before downgrading.:mad:

Dirty upgrade on the 68u from I believe _11 or _12 (possibly a little older) to _16. No issues noted, although it's not doing much other QoS & web surfing right now. Will need to reload scripts, etc. later.

What can be done to reduce RAM consumption? After reboot it has ~283 mb free ram. On next day it has 33-36mb of free RAM. Even after few hours after reboot it has 117mb.
RT-AC5300, 384.16. Was installed on top of official firmware with with continous push of reset button via firmware restoration, cleaned NVRAM and JFFS2 partition on next boot. I think it can be called "clean installation".
Only Skynet is installed (to cut connecting of Samsung SmartTV with their services). Nothing else is installed.

What can be done to reduce RAM consumption? After reboot it has ~283 mb free ram. On next day it has 33-36mb of free RAM. Even after few hours after reboot it has 117mb.
RT-AC5300, 384.16. Was installed on top of official firmware with with continous push of reset button via firmware restoration, cleaned NVRAM and JFFS2 partition on next boot. I think it can be called "clean installation".
Only Skynet is installed (to cut connecting of Samsung SmartTV with their services). Nothing else is installed.
There is a lot written about it. You should ignore it. 33-36Mb Free is fine. The router is very well capable in managing its RAM. Used RAM in linux is something different to what is known in Windows. It does not mean that you have insufficient RAM. Search this forum and you will find all the tech/explanations. Used RAM includes the caches, this means it is not free but Linux flushes the caches automatically when necessary. So actually used RAM includes RAM ready to be releases and thus free.

[QUOTE="RMerlin

Check the status of your warranty first.

It normally shouldn't be necessary.[/QUOTE]
Can we stop this indexing down , so at least working radio 5ghz works fine the way it should? And disable 2.4ghz, i tried manual turn off 2.4 but it doesn't help too
Any ideas?
@RMerlin

Used RAM includes the caches, this means it is not free but Linux flushes the caches automatically when necessary. So actually used RAM includes RAM ready to be releases and thus free.
Thanks for explanation.
I have following option "Memory Management: Regularly flush caches (default: Yes)" - disabled. Should I enable it? Or it is not necessary?

Asus just released the following firmware for AC86U Version 3.0.0.4.384.81792 @RMerlin....are you able to skip Asus firmware's once you have the source code, ie, skip compiling Version 3.0.0.4.384.81369 ? It seems Wifi stability may have been fixed.

Asus just released the following firmware for AC86U Version 3.0.0.4.384.81792 @RMerlin....are you able to skip Asus firmware's once you have the source code, ie, skip compiling Version 3.0.0.4.384.81369 ? It seems Wifi stability may have been fixed.

He can backport many fixes/things into the existing GPL code base so skipping the entire GPL is not really necessary. But in any case nothing can be done till we have the GPL public.

With asus firmware (the one that added wpa3) a few months back, my ax88u got an issue with ps4, chromecast ultra and google home disconnecting without reconnecting. flashed over to asuswrt merlin 384.14, and the router was stable for a couple of months, then, when flashing 384.16, the issue came back. only noticable on those 3 devices, though. For now i'll stay at 384.14 until Asus gets their act together.

Hi,
I'm experiencing a similar bug than your.
Every morning my PPPOE connection fails like this:

Apr 15 07:58:06 RT-AC66U_B1 WAN_Connection: Fail to connect with some issues.

Before 384.16 the router restarted the connection, now the web interface shows "disconnected".
What is more strange is the fact that some websites are accessible and some not.
For example this morning I could access Amazon Music but not Deezer.
Yesterday I could access google but not some of my country websites.
I'm using unbound, so perhaps this is the problem, but knowing your experience could be useful.
Thanks
I've only solved it by hard resetting and manual config everything again. This is not common, but this time .16 didn't like something on my .15 config

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Can we stop this indexing down

No, it's how the firmware is designed to work.

are you able to skip Asus firmware's once you have the source code, ie, skip compiling Version 3.0.0.4.384.81369 ?

Releases aren't additive, I can jump directly to whichever GPL they release last - provided they release compatible GPLs for every other models at the same time.

That's one way for Asus to keep selling routers. :eek:
I had the radio die on my old AC-3100 just out of warranty... which is why I bought the 3200. The whole customer service process almost put me off Asus; but @RMerlin, @thelonelycoder , and @Adamm /Diversion / Skynet brought me back.

I'm having a problem manually assigning IP addresses to devices.

I updated to 384.16 and all went well. I did a factory reset and have been manually updating and entering settings. Came to the LAN DHCP settings. I'm trying to enter the IP address, IP address and Hostname. When I click on Add, it says "This entry has been in list".

I've also tried to set the IP address using the Client Status list on the Network Map page. When I click on the connected device, I update the IP address and the "MAC and IP Address Binding" toggle changes to ON.

Are these two connected? If I update the IP address on the Client Status, is an entry added to the LAN manually assigned IP address list? I thought they were but nothing changes on the manual ip address list.

In any case, when I try to add an entry, it looks like it worked but nothing shows up...

Hold on, I just tried to sort the list by a different column and everything showed up...entries that I had entered, etc.

I checked the browser console and found this:

Code:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'toUpperCase' of undefined
    at table_sort (Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:609)
    at Array.sort (<anonymous>)
    at sortlist (Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:570)
    at initial (Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:104)
    at onload (Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:666)

Also noticed this only happens when I try to sort by "Client Name (MAC Address)"

PS. When I first started, the dropdown list in the manual IP address list contained the names of connected devices. However, now nothing shows up in this dropdown.

@GaselK

That's what it looks like on my AX56U with Adaptive QoS on: - F/W 384.16.
@RMerlin, is this normal with QoS on...some folks show "runner" enabled while others show it as disabled on the same router (AX56U)?

On my previous router (RT-AC86U), runner was enabled with QoS on. However, with RT-AX88U, it shows disabled while using QoS.

I don't think it matters, just curious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!