What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.17 (and 384.13_8) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Asuswrt-Merlin 384.17 (current models) and 384.13_8 (legacy models) are currently available.

I decided to issue this quick release due to recent security release for OpenSSL, and the fact that I don't expect to be ready for another major release for all models for quite some time. And since I was too lazy to branch out for a minor point release this should normally have been, I simply went ahead and pushed what work had already been done into this major release.

This release primarily focuses on component update (OpenSSL 1.1, OpenVPN, curl, nano and dnsmasq). A pair of minor fixes were also included for the DHCP static lease page, and the firmware header for the RT-AC88U, RT-AC3100 and RT-AC5300 were also modified to work around a version check bug present in newer Asus releases (like the RT-AC88U 384_81790), where it would refuse to apply an Asuswrt-Merlin firmware image claiming it failed validation.

Please keep discussions to this specific release. This thread will get locked down after a few weeks once the release-specific feedback will have died down.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Just upgraded thank you.

P.S I like the small change your made to the internet traffic meter.

Last edited:
P.S I like the small change your made to the internet traffic meter.

Thanks. It's something I had in mind during the initial development, but simply decided to put aside at the time and focus on the rest of the release instead. It's not perfect tho, I need to adjust the spacing to match the CPU meter below.

I just finished a dirty update on my rt-ac68u from 384.16 - 384.17
all seems fine
thanks merlin

Last edited:
Curl's smtp support was fixed.
This is fixed, working. Thank you :D
Code:
Apr 26 08:01:41 (sendmail.sh): 2643 client3-route-up interface tun11: vpnup mail have been sent. vpn-server => vpn08 malmo
Apr 26 08:01:42 (sendmail.sh): 2733 client1-route-up interface tun13: vpnup mail have been sent. vpn-server => vpn24 kista

Dirty Flash 384.17 over 384.17_beta1 on my AiMesh Router (RT-AX88U) + 2x AiMesh Nodes (RT-AC86U) with stock FW 3.0.0.4_384_81792, all seems good:
  • Stable Wifi: Using Fixed WiFi Control Channel & bandwidth (2.4GHz: Ch 11 20MHz, 5.0GHz: Ch 149 80MHz)
  • GUI Configuration: AiProtection, Asus DDNS (Let's Encrypt), OpenVPN Server (working with Tunnelblick (macOS Catalina) & OpenVPN Connect (iOS 13))
  • Scripts - Amtm, Diversion, Skynet, connmon, Unbound_Manager
Thank You RMerlin:)

Edit:
  • Run for a few hours without issue with Dirty flashing
  • I have just done full Factory Reset and reconfiguration just like to report that all seems to be running well:)

Last edited:
Did a dirty flash on a AC68U from .16 to .17 beta1. Went smooth.
Tested the OpenVPN with Openvpn connect for Android. Works fine with a speed of 24Mbps.
Use OpenVPN together with DDNS with a Pixelsrv CA.

Question: The Unbound DNS cache was cleared. Was that to be expected after doing the update?
Thanks!

ONEPLUS 5T with Tapatalk
573218bbf1d3f38f8fb4b2e62485447a.jpg

Last edited:
Smooth update on 87u to 384.13_8
Thanks RMerlin :)

Upgraded from 384.16 on both routers. Everything running smoothly.

Reactions: a5m
Dirty Flash 384.17 over 384.17_beta1 & Dirty Flash 384.17 over 384.16. All is fine in the desert
:-D

Thanks Merlin, no problems going from beta1 to final, great work :)

Dirty flash from 384.16. No issues so far. RT-AX88U, amtm, unbound Manager, spdMerlin, scMerlin, nsrum, 2 x OpenVPN servers with TAP interface.

Thank you, @RMerlin!

Once again, no issues (obviously since no change from beta :)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!