What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.17 (and 384.13_8) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty upgrade from 384.16 to 384.17 on AC-88U. :)
So far everything okay

Edit: The change for Internet traffic change on Network Map looks good as well :D

Last edited:
@RMerlin

and the fact that I don't expect to be ready for another major release for all models for quite some time.

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.

I'm hoping your comment here is not of a cryptic nature, and all is well with you.

Hi

I never had any problem with the fw, always good and fast, but this time the WAN LED went red and I wasn't able to fix it, so I returned to the last FW and everything worked fine ( after I turned LED OFF and ON, it changed from RED to WHITE ), the funny fact is that the webgui says that there is no connection but I have it in wifi and cable, with the Wan LED red or white, something got crazy.

I did some reboots and now is everything okay, but the router keep returning that has no connection, but I have, any tip?

Model - AC86U

Capturar.jpg

Last edited:
Updated both 86u units and going good so far

Hi

I never had any problem with the fw, always good and fast, but this time the WAN LED went red and I wasn't able to fix it, so I returned to the last FW and everything worked fine ( after I turned LED OFF and ON, it changed from RED to WHITE ), the funny fact is that the webgui says that there is no connection but I have it in wifi and cable, with the Wan LED red or white, something got crazy.

I did some reboots and now is everything okay, but the router keep returning that has no connection, but I have, any tip?

Capturar.jpg

What model router do you use? No one can help you if you don't provide this information.

Dirty flash to 86u....needed to reboot twice, but all is well again.

VPN is not excluding or including IPs or ranges from the tunnel on power up, but connects normally when turning the VPN off and on again. Seems the VPN is starting, stopping, and starting again causing problems. See the log: https://pastebin.com/E4RgiUP8

Last edited:
Dirty flash from 384.16, so far so good.

Reactions: a5m
Dirty upgrade from .16. No issues.

Thanks!

AC86U, first update attempt from 384.16 was not successful, second attempt after reboot went through ok and seems to work (DHCP, LAN, WAN, OpenVPN and IPSec tested).

Code:
May  5 07:05:10 kernel: nand: Could not find valid ONFI parameter page; aborting
May  5 07:05:10 kernel: brcmboard registered
May  5 07:05:10 kernel: genirq: Flags mismatch irq 36. 00000000 (brcm_36) vs. 00000000 (brcm_36)

Dirty flash 384.16 to 384.17 on RT-AC86U and AC5300 [Aimesh node].

I ALWAYS eject USB drive first - result ... No problems ... unlike a few of the prior posts where it seems to me folk try to flash with negligible RAM available and then hit hiccups with incomplete or corrupt upgrades. :oops::rolleyes:

Maybe add cautionary message and prompt in next major firmware build update in the webui ... "Confirm that you have ejected USB - > Cancel or Confirm" I'm convinced that will put an end to many of the new firmware "error" posts. ;)

I'm hoping your comment here is not of a cryptic nature, and all is well with you.

Nothing cryptic. My current release cycle is around 2 months per release, and since currently Asus's GPL releases are all over the place, it will probably be quite some time before I can get GPL releases for all models, and for these to all be compatible with one another. Right now, if I were to merge the newer GPL code currently available, I would only be able to support maybe 3 models out of the 10 that I usually support.

Dirty upgrade from 384.16. no issues - AX88U and AiMesh AX58U.

Thanks ..! :)

Installed .17 on four AC86Us a few hours ago. Working fine so far with bi-directional site-to-site AC86U-AC86U OVPN, FreshJR adaptive QoS, USB drives, smb sharing, guest networks, parental controls, DoT, and probably a few other things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!