What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI...notice a Debug:NvRam name? I would assume it's because the device hasn't come online yet (its a extra firestick device) but has a IP assigned in DHCP so it catches the video streaming range.

Would also want to know how to add more than 4 custom rules, but right now I only need 4. THIS IS SO AWESOME! Thanks for your hard work! Donation incoming!

Are 7,8 and 9 secret? :D

May be easier to map exit to e to follow suit of Diversion et al.

upload_2019-2-23_19-49-1.png

i used new command for installation and new Classification page is not replaced ...
i see still old one

EDIT:

issue solved, mounted manually, now working fine.

wow, speed is incredible ...

Last edited:
How are you handling clients with static IPs that won't possess any DHCP lease?

That's why I suggested tying into the networkmap data instead of relying on dnsmasq's incomplete list. It's the only client list that will be complete (well, it will be once Asus sort out its random behaviour), since it relies on ARP rather than on DHCP leases.

Static devices are pulled from the NVRAM varaible.
Connected devices are pulled from the arp table.
Any remaining devices are pulled from the DHCP tables.

I am not touching networkmap as it never returns the correct or stable ammount of devices!
But I am pulling data from the same source that network map is using.

Take a look. The filter works great. (I have it load devices on initial load but I can expand it to auto update in the background)

@FreshJR One quick question, how can you set more than 4 custom rules? See image below.
View attachment 16357
I'm probably not doing something right, sorry for the dumb question.

Not dumb. Its limited to 4 entries due to limited nvram space. If I get another variable I can add 4 more entries. Currently I hijacked two variables from the feedback page and dont want to take any more.

i used new command for installation and new Classification page is not replaced ...
i see still old one

EDIT:

issue solved, mounted manually, now working fine.

wow, speed is incredible ...

It mounts when firewall-start is executed. Which happens when the QOS is restarted.

A failed mount after installation means you haven’t yet restarted/toggled QoS.

I made it like that on purpose. Maybe I will add your question to the faq.

Thanks for the compliment.

It's bugged - the script is actually looking for these:

Arg. I moved the prompt options around too many times when visually checking how pleasing to the output was to the eye. Seems I forgot fully update the changes in the switch statements.

Can’t believe I messed up something so simple!!

Perfect time to test the update command in action when a revision is released! (Command was already tested prior to release)

The menu was haphazadly thrown in last second for future amtm complience.

I personally prefer diving directly into

/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -rules

Last edited:
What is the update command?

/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -update

To get a list of all the commands type in the following:

/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS

To get into a (partially broken-minor fix pending) interactive menu type in the following:

/jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -menu

To get into a (partially broken-minor fix pending) interactive menu type in the following:

This is for users coming from V7. Right?

i see still old one
Feeling stupid here. I also don't have the new page, and mounting manually fails with no such file error. Perhaps because I have a 56U on 384.6? Edit: Yes.

PS: used "9" to check for update for the time being.

Feeling stupid here. I also don't have the new page, and mounting manually fails with no such file error. Perhaps because I have a 56U on 384.6?

First post needs more work. I am out of time for today.

Page is only supported for v384.9+ due to relying on a data source that allows to read bwdpi connections.

I would have to make a separate page for previous firmwares and do not want to maintain two pages. I may look into another approach for legacy users but it will have to wait for next release.

@FreshJR Do we but the CIDR of the gaming devices in the first rule of IP Tables rule to "enable" the gaming rule for those devices?

@FreshJR Do we but the CIDR of the gaming devices in the first rule of IP Tables rule to "enable" the gaming rule for those devices?

Yes. The first entry is the gaming rule. Ran out of room for labels.

@skeal 4 entries is plenty.

You can use commas for port rules && continuous static ip cidr ranges to refer to multiple local devices per rule. Try to optimize your setup to fit within the limits.

Last edited:

You can't use simple command ("FreshJR") to enter the interactive menu like "amtm" and "diversion" use with the help of Entware?

Just an FYI...notice a Debug:NvRam name? I would assume it's because the device hasn't come online yet (its a extra firestick device) but has a IP assigned in DHCP so it catches the video streaming range.

I will be checking in on this if if doesn’t resolve itself in the coming days on your end.

So a little info on what happened

The device filter correctly pulled the fire stick assigned IP and mac address from the nvram entry.

Next names & macs of every device ever connected are stored in (/jffs/nmp_cl_json.js )

It seems that the mac of your firestick did not resolve into a device name from the above database.

Either the database wasn’t updated yet to contain an entry with your fire stick information, or I have a bug with how I resolve the name associated with the MAC address.

I will give it a day in hopes of the database updating itself with the fire stick entry. If not I will be looking into it.

You can't use simple command ("FreshJR") to enter the interactive menu like "amtm" and "diversion" use with the help of Entware?

Do they really use entware for that??!? I think a simple alias assignment would work on boot. I will be looking into adding this feature.

Other feedback also appreciated. Keep it coming.

Last edited:
Do they really use entware for that??!? I think a simple alias assignment would work on boot. I will be looking into adding this feature.

I'm not sure how they implement it but we need Entware installed for "amtm" interactive menu to launch just by writing "amtm" in the terminal otherwise it'll only launch by full path.

I'm not sure how they implement it but we need Entware installed for "amtm" interactive menu to launch just by writing "amtm" in the terminal otherwise it'll only launch by full path.

Sure thing. I will introduce it next update.

If I kept delaying for feature creep prior to this release we’d be waiting another week or two!

Maybe even longer **cough cough** missing ipv6 support. (I need more nvram or alternate way to read files on router for webui to implement ipv6 or additional ipv4 rules!!)

Last edited:
Sure thing. I will introduce it next update.

If I kept delaying for feature creep prior to this release we’d be waiting another week or two!
Symlink in /opt/bin if it exists to point to your script :)

Here's a snippet from my script (probably has room for improvement!
Code:
if [ -d "/opt/bin" ] && [ ! -f "/opt/bin/$YAZFI_NAME" ] && [ -f "/jffs/scripts/$YAZFI_NAME" ]; then
    ln -s /jffs/scripts/$YAZFI_NAME /opt/bin
    chmod 0755 /opt/bin/$YAZFI_NAME
fi

This new version sounds great! I didn't mind manually editing the old script, but, prefer the screen method really. I will wait for things to shake out for a bit before migrating though. Will be interested in donating as well, not for any expected change of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!