What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having an issue with the QOS traffic priority list not staying in the JRFresh recommended order? After a reboot, I notice my order gets jumbled up, with gaming always at the top.
This is with .12beta2.

Yeah, same. It keeps getting reset. I think it might be due to Trend Micro updating the traffic list er something like that. I noticed it when I was running the 12 beta

Yeah, same. It keeps getting reset. I think it might be due to Trend Micro updating the traffic list er something like that. I noticed it when I was running the 12 beta
Issue with the it's to nvram Merlin said something along those lines z and Asus has yet to release a fix.

Omg yeah mine is like that too. I was so frustrated lol. If you have it fixed please let us know! . Thank you [emoji4]
I've only had it happen twice, otherwise it works for the most part on my AX88U, then again I have my router reboot at 4 am every day.

Idk. Prob software issue like Merlin said
I had issues with my old ac88u in regards to upnp to fix it I have it reboot once a day it helps with preformace and it refreshes the IP address from my ISP.

At this point it's just because a habit.

I had issues with my old ac88u in regards to upnp to fix it I have it reboot once a day it helps with preformace and it refreshes the IP address from my ISP.

At this point it's just because a habit.
Ah. Okay then. I wanted to enable it but I've had it one or two times stuck at reboot with LEDs off. Basically need a power cycle. So yeah . Anyways thanks for the info

86U got the reboot-problem, 88U can be rebooted without issues.
May I ask if you don't mind please forgive me for asking if you already have done this but have you tested a factory reset by any chance?

May I ask if you don't mind please forgive me for asking if you already have done this but have you tested a factory reset by any chance?
When I had them multiple times but somehow less with later firmwares, and have it seen on 2 different 86U.
Factory, initialize, load firmware twice with 100s power off, even with restauration tool. As I couldnt solve the issues I sold all of them and 68U too for different system.
My statement about 88U has been from users here never reported those hang on reboot.

When I had them multiple times but somehow less with later firmwares, and have it seen on 2 different 86U.
Factory, initialize, load firmware twice with 100s power off, even with restauration tool. As I couldnt solve the issues I sold all of them and 68U too for different system.
My statement about 88U has been from users here never reported those hang on reboot.
It's a hnd issue sadly I with Asus would release the fix soon.

I've installed this script a week ago on my 86U and it works exactly what a QoS system should be in my mind, so thanks for all the work you put in this project.

About your recommended priority list, right now my top priority is Gaming, so I put it above VoIP, but I have a doubt about Web Surfing and Video Streaming, is there any reason why Web Surfing should be above Video Streaming?

I've installed this script a week ago on my 86U and it works exactly what a QoS system should be in my mind, so thanks for all the work you put in this project.

About your recommended priority list, right now my top priority is Gaming, so I put it above VoIP, but I have a doubt about Web Surfing and Video Streaming, is there any reason why Web Surfing should be above Video Streaming?
Games traffic some of it gets detected as web surfing and video streaming chews through a lot of bandwidth.

Last edited:
Games traffic some of it gets detected as web surfing and video streaming chews through a lot of bandwidth.

Mmm that's why when my Origin client updates a game goes through Web Surfing, it's strange that it doesn't pass through Game Transfering. Thanks, I'll keep it there then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!