What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already updated. I was just testing it for longer.

@JackYaz 2 errors

(1) Kbit was attached within Down/up rate variable and then kbit attached to the end of that variable when it was called. Run the script in terminal and it will spit out the error at you
(2) ${tc} class change should be tc class change instead. Calling tc class change without explicitly defining overhead & linklayer reset those variables. As such, I will call regular tc and let the interposer append the overhead/linklayer parameters if necessary.

Weird how that behavior #2 did not occur in previous tests

Already updated. I was just testing it for longer.

Thanks, just noticed (while I just found another v1.92, but apparently you've made some more minor changes). Currently uploading the one you linked in the first posts. Thanks again!

Marco

EDIT: URGENT, v1.91 had a typo mistake preventing it from working

rate was mistakenly passed to traffic control as XXX Kbit Kbit in this version

The version I uploaded accidentally had Kbit was appended twice when moving some stuff around.

It is fixed now in v1.92

Sorry

the post which tells installation is gone :/

already up date with winscp I directly replaced the script in the router files, directly. its soo much easier than command line.

already up date with winscp I directly replaced the script in the router files, directly. its soo much easier than command line.

copying new version is OK but today I'm gonna reset to factory defaults my router and as a noob I need whole install procedure :)

Weirdly I didn't get any errors running it when merging back in my changes (and being OCD and removing trailing tabs XD)

I'll run a diffcheck on mine vs 1.92 and map in the updates.

its soo much easier than command line.

Nothing beats having your router's filesystem mounted locally on (L)ubuntu (using a shh key), opening the script, replacing it's contents and toggle QoS off and on again to get the party started. No fuss with setting permissions, just open/copy/paste/save/toggle/tadaah :)

copying new version is OK but today I'm gonna reset to factory defaults my router and as a noob I need whole install procedure :)
that's easy to do all you create is a file called, firewall-start then, copy his script to the router, its not that hard to do, you just change both files to become executable in their properties.

Nothing beats having your router's filesystem mounted locally on (L)ubuntu (using a shh key), opening the script, replacing it's contents and toggle QoS off and on again to get the party started. No fuss with setting permissions, just open/copy/paste/save/toggle/tadaah :)
I direct edited the routers files system. was easier than writing a script.

If you really want to make a fresh start (without uploading new firmware that is), do a factory reset as you said and don't forget to power cycle (take a cup of coffee between unplugging and turning it back on), so all the cached values are truly cleared from your router's memory. After powering it back on let it be for 5 minutes or so before you can go through the initial setup and start configuring the rest to your liking. And if you're like me, with a short term memory of about 30 seconds, use John's nvram-save tool to make 'snapshots' of your setup, so you can always roll back to right before you messed up :D. Have fun :)

I direct edited the routers files system. was easier than writing a script.

I didn't need to write a script. Gigolo mounts remote file systems automatically, so they're just available in my file manager. And copy/pasting through SSH with nano or vi(m) works just as well, true, but being able to do this rapidly with a graphical interface is just more convenient to me. Everyone his/her own preferences, as expected.

@pattiri As for your comment regarding the missing installation instructions, I'm sure by the time your ready to install, @FreshJR has probably restored them. If he hasn't yet, just message me and I'll guide you through it. It's really easy, it'll be up and running in a matter of minutes.

I didn't need to write a script. Gigolo mounts remote file systems automatically, so they're just available in my file manager. And copy/pasting through SSH with nano or vi(m) works just as well, true, but being able to do this rapidly with a graphical interface is just more convenient to me. Everyone his/her own preferences, as expected.
ah cool, I just copy and pasted the script in same format as the old one used the fire wall start file, name the new copy of the script the same as the old one and viola it works.

the method I use is easy as pi, to do especially if you do a refresh.

@pattiri As for your comment regarding the missing installation instructions, I'm sure by the time your ready to install, @FreshJR has probably restored them. If he hasn't yet, just message me and I'll guide you through it. It's really easy, it'll be up and running in a matter of minutes.

Thank you :) I will back up my old JFFS before resetting. My B plan is to copy my older JFFS/scripts files and make them exacutable. I think this works, right?

When I do too many edits, the posts gets locked and goes invisible pending moderator approval.

It has been approved.

@Vexira

If you just reuploaded the file with scp, I'm pretty sure permissions get overwritten aswell. You need both scp and a chmod 0755.

Without permissions, firewall start won't be able to run the file.

When I do too many edits, the posts gets locked and goes invisible pending moderator approval.

Thanks for restoring the install instructions for those who need them or are new to your script.

As for the automatic moderation on this forum: besides the limits on message editing, it's incredibly annoying, every time the frickin' 'you are blocked' overlay appears. I just got blocked (again, sigh) for an attempt to write a summary for @pattiri of the installation instructions... Never had any other forum software so hyper-sensitive to seriously (ahem) 'malicious code', especially a forum where many lines of code appear on a daily bases.

As for your comments on scp towards @Vexira , if I'm not mistaken scp -p preserves time, date and mode, so when you login with the same username and group on the 'source' machine, ownership remains the same too on the 'destination' machine. WinSCP offers options (through file properties I think) to change owner/group/permissions if I recall correctly. With rsync -p will preserve permissions, -a will preserve just about everything (user/group/permissions/symlinks/attributes etcetra).

@MarCoMLXXV

nice ill keep that in mind.

As for the forum software quirks I also cannot type the command

*l*s -*l*a* (list directory with long listing and all files)

within code blocks in my posts. Somehow the rm command is not blacklisted tho.

When explaining how to check permissions to another user I got lucky that the merlins firmware has an "l" alias to execute that command above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!