What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people do not know how to set up the gaming rule, your setup should look something similar to this.

https://pastebin.com/ScHksRdD (Beta2 with gaming rules enabled by default)

To easily read and modify the file, paste it into Notepad++ and have your language set to S -> Shell.
This will make Notepad++ apply syntax/comment highlighting for easy script modification.
I wonder if the difficulty of creating custom rules is people not opening the script in Notepad++ for editing.
Note the (3) instances of the following parameter "192.168.1.100/30" have to be changed to meet your LAN configuration in the gaming rule.

If you already have the BETA version of QOS installed, you can follow the following steps to update it without a reinstall.

<< OUTDATED VERSION, NEWER RELEASE AVAILABLE >>

Last edited:
I just installed your script, v1.92 running on merlin 380.69_2. Ac-68u...i see in the log where it says running custom script, am I supposed to see anything else relating to the qos rules getting applied?

Thanks in advance!!

I just installed your script, v1.92 running on merlin 380.69_2. Ac-68u...i see in the log where it says running custom script, am I supposed to see anything else relating to the qos rules getting applied?

Thanks in advance!!
A message about the bandbandw values changing if your using manual bandwith.

Thanks in advance!!

Paste your output of

Code:
 cat /jffs/scripts/firewall-start

Sounds like the script isn't launch launching due to an improper entry.

There should be two messages after turning on QOS related to the script.

---

There was a typo in beta2 for the additional error message. An update is going to be released today.

Last edited:
Is this script giving bandwidth allocation and not priority? Or does it do both gaming is lower than video streaming?? For the gaming rule.

Defining container size equates to priority? Im seeing defined sizes. By giving gaming a larger container than streaming does it equate to greater priority.

All I see is sizes and percent of rate which is still a size. There is no actual priority string or command its just all sizes. Correct

All I see is sizes and percent of rate which is still a size. There is no actual priority string or command its just all sizes. Correct

Traffic is offered from top to bottom.
As it flows from top to bottom, it moves onto the next category when it hits the defined rate.
At the bottom of loops back to the top and offers the remaining bandwidth until it hits the ceiling.

So yes. You have priority that is traffic managed.

You have both. This order of offering traffic was shown in the realworld examples in post 1.

This is Beta3. Beta2 had a typo in an error message to caused it to produce results opposite of what you would expect.

<< OUTDATED VERSION, NEWER RELEASE AVAILABLE >>

Attachments

• FreshJR_QOS_beta3.txt
    22.2 KB · Views: 478
  • FreshJR_QOS_fakeTC_beta3.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
These attached files have the gaming rules commented out.
- What do you mean by that? Sorry new here.

These attached files have the gaming rules commented out.
- What do you mean by that? Sorry new here.

A " # " preceding text in a shell script will make the rest of the line ignored.
This action is called a comment. The code is physically present program but it is ignored by the router, due to it being commented out.
If you open the screen you can see many comments explaining many things.
Since the gaming rule is not a 1-size-fits-all configuration (since the IP range has to be choosen) and also not desirable for everyone, it is commented out by default.
Simply remove the #'s associated with the rule, setup the IP range, and the rule is active.

---

Before my inbox gets any more blown up, here's how to setup the iprange. Follow these steps.

----

Example:
192.168.1.100 / 30 = 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.103
IP / MASK

Use this CIDR calculator to find ranges desirable for your setup. http://www.subnet-calculator.com/cidr.php

After you find a desirable range, your Gaming PC / XBOX / PLAYSTATION devices need to have IP's manually assigned to match that range. This is done by the steps below

1) Router UI - 192.168.1.1
2) LAN
3) DHCP Server
4) Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list (Max Limit : 128)
5) Mac Address (device1)
6) Ip Address = 192.168.1.100
7) +
8) Mac Address (device2)
9) Ip Address = 192.168.1.101
10) +
11) Apply

---

The foolproof method for the devices to get the manual IP's immediately is to follow these steps.

1) Turn off all manually assigned devices
2) Restart Router
3) When devices turn on, they will get manually defined IP address.

You can skip these 3 steps, but it may take 24 hours for them to get the manual address.

Last edited:
Feb 9 22:58:43 kernel: ERR[parse_qos_conf:932] Can't set new QoS conf while QoS is started!
Feb 9 22:58:43 kernel: ERR[ioctl_iqos_op_config:3592] parse qos_conf error!!

What is that?

pscp is not recognized as an internal or external command . Setup the way you lay out Win 10 Pro 64.
Admin cmd prompt

cmd says 22 kb 100% in putty no such file or directory.
I will try it all again I guess.

Forget it. Im not even on the right firmware.
Do I have to re load the firmware I am on. Now

cmd says 22 kb 100% in putty no such file or directory.
I will try it all again I guess.

Forget it. Im not even on the right firmware.
Do I have to re load the firmware I am on. Now

You open putty and connect to the router. Then you run those commands inside putty, NOT command prompt. Putty display's the "command prompt" running on the router.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!