What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draytek vigor 130 in bridge mode (now) to Asus Dsl Ac 68u used as a router only
Well having the dreyteck in bridge mode should help alot.

In QoS are you using 95% of both bandwidth values and you set over head to pppoe VDSL bridged.

Well having the dreyteck in bridge mode should help alot.

In QoS are you using 95% of both bandwidth values and you set over head to pppoe VDSL bridged.

Choices are-

Ethernet vlan
cable docsis
pppoe vdsl
bridged /ipoe vdsl
rfc2684/rfc1483 bridged llc/ snap
pppoe vc/mux
pppoe llc/snap

It's on Bridged /ipoe vdsl 19

Tried it,nothing seems to make differnce never 2 dsl report tests the same

The last 2 tests wan packet overhead PPPoe vdsl

Up 13
down 54

c c c
b b b

Anyone got any idea why I keep getting different speeds and bufferbloat results every test with no changes to the up and down?

I've gone up and down though from 80% up to 95% and still the same.

Tried it,nothing seems to make differnce never 2 dsl report tests the same

The last 2 tests wan packet overhead PPPoe vdsl

Up 13
down 54

c c c
b b b

Hey man try Fast.com, it gives you BB results. I know DSL reports have been having issues lately, I can even get to give me a score on bb. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not for me. I know a few people having been having issues with DSL reports.

Hey man try Fast.com, it gives you BB results. I know DSL reports have been having issues lately, I can even get to give me a score on bb. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not for me. I know a few people having been having issues with DSL reports.

Ok will do,what's a decent result on fast.com that's comparable to dsl reports?

Ok will do,what's a decent result on fast.com that's comparable to dsl reports?

From what I can tell the Uploaded and loaded is your BB score, if its below 100 ms, then I would think you are good. Here is a pic of my results, I have fiber and I get more speed up and down, but since I use the bandwidth limiter on my ps4, it cuts my speeds in half.

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    108 KB · Views: 362
Here is a pic with my actual speeds.

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    108.7 KB · Views: 414
I tried JR's QOS, wanted to see if I would get a better ping on my ps4's, caused more issues then helping me out. I do use the BWL, set my ps4 to 20 down 10 up and it works great, dont know why but bf4, bfv, I have no lag at all. Maybe I just hit the sweet spot for the lag comp on those games, dont know?

I tried JR's QOS, wanted to see if I would get a better ping on my ps4's, caused more issues then helping me out. I do use the BWL, set my ps4 to 20 down 10 up and it works great, dont know why but bf4, bfv, I have no lag at all. Maybe I just hit the sweet spot for the lag comp on those games, dont know?
The thing is that the QoS we have is not the full implementation of FQ-CODEL, so there are certain parts of it that is need for it to work on for example a gigabit connection that are not present and would require Broadcom to add to the units and then Asus to patch in afterwards like driver level support which is why you might not see a benefit.

The thing is that the QoS we have is not the full implementation of FQ-CODEL, so there are certain parts of it that is need for it to work on for example a gigabit connection that are not present and would require Broadcom to add to the units and then Asus to patch in afterwards like driver level support which is why you might not see a benefit.

Just can't seem to get it to work well,no matter what setting and percentage of my connection.

Obviously I'm getting high ping and lag hence why I'm trying to use the qos,weird thing is speedtests on fast.com and dsl are more consistent without it.

I'm guessing it's something to do with my set up as it works for everyone else,anyone got any ideas ?

Just can't seem to get it to work well,no matter what setting and percentage of my connection.

Obviously I'm getting high ping and lag hence why I'm trying to use the qos,weird thing is speedtests on fast.com and dsl are more consistent without it.

I'm guessing it's something to do with my set up as it works for everyone else,anyone got any ideas ?
Try using a router with out a modem, such as an RT ac86u mabye the unit your using is having issues.

All things considered it's not a traditional unit configuration.

Back to main rig getting great Buffer Bloat scores (A, A+, C), and my gaming rig testings immediately following my main rig tests keeps showing horrible scores (D, D, D; C, D, C; C, C, C; etc). Immediately following the game rig test the main computer scores the same great scoring. So far I've changed the Cat cable, took out my Intel CT Adapter card and used the onboard Ethernet port, reset my bios to default speeds, rebooted the router, and the same garbage scores keep showing on on my gaming computer. I am a little more than frustrated right now cause the scoring reflects ingame. I am about ready for a low level format of my drive for a fresh start, which means install windows 7 then upgrade to 10? Refraining from picking my pc up and slamming in on the cement.

Last edited:
Back to main rig getting great Buffer Bloat scores (A, A+, C), and my gaming rig testings immediately following my main rig tests keeps showing horrible scores (D, D, D; C, D, C; C, C, C; etc). Immediately following the game rig test the main computer scores the same great scoring. So far I've changed the Cat cable, took out my Intel CT Adapter card and used the onboard Ethernet port, reset my bios to default speeds, rebooted the router, and the same garbage scores keep showing on on my gaming computer. I am a little more than frustrated right now cause the scoring reflects ingame. I am about ready for a low level format of my drive for a fresh start, which means install windows 7 then upgrade to 10? Refraining from picking my pc up and slamming in on the cement.
How come you install Windows 7 first? Once you have updated your computer you can reinstall Windows 10 from scratch if you don't change anything hardware wise. I just had to do the same and simply downloaded the latest .iso with 1903 from MS and installed it. Just ignore the part when it asks for the serial number. Once you log into your MS account it will automatically activate your copy of Windows based on the existing hardware profile saved in your account.

How come you install Windows 7 first? Once you have updated your computer you can reinstall Windows 10 from scratch if you don't change anything hardware wise. I just had to do the same and simply downloaded the latest .iso with 1903 from MS and installed it. Just ignore the part when it asks for the serial number. Once you log into your MS account it will automatically activate your copy of Windows based on the existing hardware profile saved in your account.

Ignoring my BB Scoring for now.

Once I installed the upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 I never kept up on things like if I had to wipe out the drive and start fresh so tbh I don't know. I'm assuming I would have to do the same process I guess.

So I've also did a factory default and the issue continues. Currently I'm at a C, C, grey. My uploading avg is 400 with a sample of 2509ms while my main rig is A, A+, C

So I've also did a factory default and the issue continues. Currently I'm at a C, C, grey. My uploading avg is 400 with a sample of 2509ms while my main rig is A, A+, C
Contact your ISP and get them to do a line check incase there is any issue aslo consult them about any congestion network wise in your area.

Anyone else having an issue with the QOS traffic priority list not staying in the JRFresh recommended order? After a reboot, I notice my order gets jumbled up, with gaming always at the top.
This is with .12beta2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!