What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Vexira Have you updated to stable .12? Is it still messing with the qos order? I assume it is.

Yes, the issue is still there.

It has not yet been fixed by ASUS, which is required in order for a permanent fix (according to Merlin).

Not sure why Vexira is experiencing things differently.

It has not yet been fixed by ASUS, which is required in order for a permanent fix (according to Merlin).

I have a weird relationship with technology, may I ask how old your unit is?

And are you having it every reboot?

I'm Jo suspecting its a revision issue, since I'm only using the fresh jr qos script and nothing else and my router reboots @ 5am daily, I even have the Merlin NTP server set, so I guess my configuration is minimal.

Last edited:

I have a feeling it won't work with my unit, either. I'm going to hold off for now.
86u.

I have a weird relationship with technology, may I ask how old your unit is?

And are you having it every reboot?

I'm Jo suspecting its a revision issue, since I'm only using the fresh jr qos script and nothing else and my router reboots @ 5am daily, I even have the Merlin NTP server set, so I guess my configuration is minimal.

I bought my 86U approximately 1 year ago... I don't reboot it on a schedule, more like just when it needs it...

I bought my 86U approximately 1 year ago... I don't reboot it on a schedule, more like just when it needs it...
I think it's possibly a revision issue, but because of my ac 88u, I also have a habit of a of rebooting every day at 5 am on schedule,
and I'm usually running beta or alpha firmware, I don't runn any other scrips except for Freshjr's QoS so mabye that's why.

it’s a 87u!
I'd Install it set it up then see how it goes, my personal advice would be to update to an ax 88u based of the ways core cpu., But only if you have to due to hardware falure.

I'd Install it set it up then see how it goes, my personal advice would be to update to an ax 88u based of the ways core cpu., But only if you have to due to hardware falure.
thanks a ton for the reply yeah i’ll sure try it out

but is it even worth it to upgrade to a 88u?
because my 87u is basically being used as a wired router since i have access points to extend wireless coverage. would a edgerouter or some other router have better performance then the 88u or will the 88u almost always win?

because my 87u is basically being used as a wired router since i have access points to extend wireless coverage. would a edgerouter or some other router have better performance then the 88u or will the 88u almost always win?
If you read the thread about the 87 the discussion it's worthwhile at the end of the day due to the 87 getting close to eol or end of life.

does this work well with a 1gbps down connection? or is it better just to keep qos off

Do you have bufferbloat? That's the main question regarding whether you need Adaptive QoS or not.

Not an AC88U but he wrote AX88U !!!
Or for half price an RT-AC86U would be the better option as recent AX wont give you full AX advantages (may last 1 or 2 more years).

Not an AC88U but he wrote AX88U !!!
Or for half price an RT-AC86U would be the better option as recent AX wont give you full AX advantages (may last 1 or 2 more years).
The only current advantages are a better CPU and a newer version kernel that was my point.

I'm on a 150Mbit/s fibre connection (1Gbit/s service is available as an upgrade).

I've noticed recently that if QoS is disabled for the first ~2 seconds speedtests show a much higher download/upload of around 500Mbit/s. It then tails off around 160Mbit/s.

Is there any way to set a delay of 1 or 2 seconds before the QoS kicks in, or would this not be advisable?

I'm on a 150Mbit/s fibre connection (1Gbit/s service is available as an upgrade).

I've noticed recently that if QoS is disabled for the first ~2 seconds speedtests show a much higher download/upload of around 500Mbit/s. It then tails off around 160Mbit/s.

Is there any way to set a delay of 1 or 2 seconds before the QoS kicks in, or would this not be advisable?

What router are you using? What firmware version, specifically?

What have you set the QoS up/down limits to?

The next version update will have built-in fixes for your specific request (I think!), we're all waiting and eagerly looking forward to it. :)

RT-AC68U RMerlin 384.12_0.

QoS limits are set to 155Mbit/s up and down as my connection seems to settle around 160 after the initial speed boost.

Bufferfloat is around 44ms without QoS or 10ms with QoS with the above settings.

That sounds great!

RT-AC68U RMerlin 384.12_0.

QoS limits are set to 155Mbit/s up and down as my connection seems to settle around 160 after the initial speed boost.

That sounds great!

You may be a little optimistic with those settings. But if it works; great! :)

Hi, does someone knows how to make Steam/Origin/Etc. Downloads being considered File Downloads instead of websurfing?

Sent from my SM-G965F Duos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!