What's new

Removing a Device from Seagate Personal Cloud Access

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

themooncriedout

New Around Here
I recently bought a Seagate Personal Cloud 3TB NAS. I'm really liking the device, but the lack of helpful support from Seagate or an official forum (at least I haven't been able to find one) has been very frustrating.
My issue is this: I recently had to reset my machine. After the reset, my Seagate Access shows two devices: PersonalCloud and PersonalCloud-01, as shown in the picture.

Capture.PNG

The first of these is my actual device, the other one goes nowhere and is linked to nothing, but I cannot remove it. This folder does not appear in the Filebrowser app on the device, only in SDrive and File Explorer/Finder on both my Windows and Mac machines. I can only conclude that somehow this ghost machine is attached to my Seagate Access account. Trying to open the folder yields an error about an unavailable location. Trying to delete the folder yields an unspecified error. Does anyone know how I can get rid of it? It really bugs me.

Thanks in advance for any help I might receive.