What's new

repeater mode rt-ac66U, wont assign dhcp auto?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ashnarang

New Around Here
hi everyone, please help, i live on the floor above the building's common area, i got a rt-ac66u to repeat their signal. they have a little login screen on the common area , like at public wifi's. this screen does not make you hit accept or agree to terms, its almost automatic, but it is there. it's causing alexa and next thermo not to be able to connect to common area wifi. hence the asus repeater. i had to put the repeater in "static mode", again, i think it's that welcome screen on common wifi, now the asus repeater is working, but when i try to connect a device to my asus, like my phone, it's wont assign ip automatically, i have to do manual assignment. then it works. is there a way to make repeater connect to common wifi static, but have it assign ip address auto to smart things in my apartment. please see attached pics, ty

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220926-143841_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220926-143841_Gallery.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20220926-143800_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220926-143800_Gallery.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 89
Welcome to the forums @ashnarang.

Why would you want to put your IoT devices on common WiFi in the first place?

I appreciate your help, I'm looking basically not to have to sign up for my own internet as I am always out of town for work, just need for small use.

Please help with my main question which is, if you have an Asus on repeater mode, static IP, will it not automatically assign IP'S to devices that connect to it?

No, it won't.