What's new

resolv.conf on 3.0.0.4_376.48

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jdcola

New Around Here
After upgrade from 376.47 to 376.48beta2, I found /etc/resolv.conf became a symbolic link of /rom/etc/resolv.conf
I used to set custom DNS on VPN connection by change the /tmp/ppp/vpnc-ip-pre-up to a symlink of /jffs/scripts/routes-up.sh, in which I use `sleep` to wait the VPN established and `echo -e 'nameserver ...' >/etc/resolv.conf`. (If I use /tmp/ppp/vpnc-ip-up instead of vpnc-ip-pre-up, the connection icon will keep rotating but not change to checkmark. strange...)

1. How can I change resolv.conf now (by script) ? (It's read-only now)
2. resolv.conf contains now "nameserver 127.0.0.1". Is it safe to use dnsmasq.postconf to bypass (no-resolv) it and set dns by "server x.x.x.x" ?
3. Anyhow, I need an approach to disable VPN auto-acquired DNS (not provided on WebGUI).

/etc/resolv.conf is strictly for local (on the router itself) resolution. /tmp/resolv.conf is the file you want to edit to add more DNS servers to dnsmasq, which handles both local (outer) and LAN resolution.