1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

restart webui

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Revelstone77, Jul 12, 2019 at 12:07 PM.

1. Revelstone77

Revelstone77 Regular Contributor

can i restart the webui from ssh? I've lost access to the webui and dont really want to reboot the router.

2. Delusion

Delusion Regular Contributor

service restart_httpd

Butterfly Bones likes this.
  3. kck

kck New Around Here

Just one caution. If this does not seem to work then if you do a ps you may find the httpd still there but in the dreaded "D" state of uninterruptable sleep. If this is the case then not only can't you restart the web UI but you likely can't ever reboot the router from software. You will have to power cycle the unit. I've had this happen once or twice (over a couple of years worth of use) and the problem is that if the router is remote from you you'd best not try the soft reboot because the router won't reboot but it will stop routing. The router will run seemingly forever without the webui in this case which may be a better option for a remote unit until you can physically get to it. Learned the hard way!

4. martinr

martinr Part of the Furniture

I wouldn’t mind a bit of that myself. For me, not my router.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 at 10:59 AM
    royarcher, Butterfly Bones and skeal like this.
  5. Revelstone77

came back Done, but still cant get in. get it will have to be a manual reboot. Thanks for the help

6. Revelstone77

didnt work, like you insinuated. will have to do a power cycle anyway...