What's new

restart webui

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Revelstone77

Regular Contributor
can i restart the webui from ssh? I've lost access to the webui and dont really want to reboot the router.

Just one caution. If this does not seem to work then if you do a ps you may find the httpd still there but in the dreaded "D" state of uninterruptable sleep. If this is the case then not only can't you restart the web UI but you likely can't ever reboot the router from software. You will have to power cycle the unit. I've had this happen once or twice (over a couple of years worth of use) and the problem is that if the router is remote from you you'd best not try the soft reboot because the router won't reboot but it will stop routing. The router will run seemingly forever without the webui in this case which may be a better option for a remote unit until you can physically get to it. Learned the hard way!

Just one caution. If this does not seem to work then if you do a ps you may find the httpd still there but in the dreaded "D" state of uninterruptable sleep. If this is the case then not only can't you restart the web UI but you likely can't ever reboot the router from software. You will have to power cycle the unit. I've had this happen once or twice (over a couple of years worth of use) and the problem is that if the router is remote from you you'd best not try the soft reboot because the router won't reboot but it will stop routing. The router will run seemingly forever without the webui in this case which may be a better option for a remote unit until you can physically get to it. Learned the hard way!
didnt work, like you insinuated. will have to do a power cycle anyway...